• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/5/19) Defensive Coaches & Players Interviews

Just my two cents. As a receiver, much like an outfielder in baseball, you are taught to run with your arms pumping and not reaching until the last second. First, if the defender is watching your hands he does not know when to strip the ball if you wait and let the ball get to you. Secondly it helps maintain full speed with no wasted motion. Now, facing the qb, if the ball is above your waste you catch the ball with your thumbs pointed in. If the ball is below your waste the thumbs point out. Simple stuff really.

Jesus...I was watching one of Keith William's videos with the Cheetah and he pointed out a no no in a drill where Hill caught the ball across his facemask. Does that equate to Hill not being taught the right things? No. I'm sure that body catch was Noa being a little lazy, which is something I see at every level from time to time. And who knows if he didnt get an earful after that catch???? This friggin season cant come soon enough.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back