• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/18/18) & BTN Bus Tour Notes: Tons Of Video/Photos Added

hope it airs again later this week.
It's airing again now...also at 6:30 pm, 8:00 pm, 10:00 pm, and 11:00 pm tonight. Same program from 12:30am through 11:00 am with Campus Eats scheduled at 3:30 am. Not sure if all will be the one highlighting Nebraska, but the ones tonight will. All times are central.

Edit: Just read my alerts and didn't see that all of HuskerMax had already told you most of this. At least you know.

Last edited:
I did appreciate the comments from Stanley Jackson regarding the need for the defense to be key to our identity. I think that's the area we might tend to overlook with the excitement for a new offense.

I’d pay good money to have a stout defense as the identity of this team. As good as our offense is going to be, with an even better defense, we’d be special.

I did appreciate the comments from Stanley Jackson regarding the need for the defense to be key to our identity. I think that's the area we might tend to overlook with the excitement for a new offense.

Yeah, I agree the defense is critical and have no problem with what Stanley Jackson said. It is unlikely we'll lead the nation in scoring defense with the offense we play. I'm not really worried about where we will ultimately be defensively but the metrics we use to judge the efficiency of the defense will likely need to be less traditional.

Can't remember where I saw it but there was a blurb I saw where Frost talked about wanting to have a two-deep ready to play on defense due to the way the offense plays and they were trying to put groups together that work well together. I really like that idea if we can build that kind of depth. It also will appeal to recruits because there is more opportunity to get on the field early.

I'm ready to see this team play!

Last edited:

Yeah, I agree the defense is critical and have no problem with what Stanley Jackson said. It is unlikely we'll lead the nation in scoring defense with the offense we play. I'm not really worried about where we will ultimately be defensively but the metrics we use to judge the efficiency of the defense will likely need to be less traditional.

Can't remember where I saw it but there was a blurb I saw where Frost talked about wanting to have a two-deep ready to play on defense due to the way the offense plays and they were trying to put groups together that work well together. I really like that idea if we can build that kind of depth. It also will appeal to recruits because there is more opportunity to get on the field early.

I'm ready to see this team play!

Yeah, Scott said when we have things rolling on defense and we substitute, it’s almost like a hockey side coming in for their rotation. That means you need 22+ guys you can trust to get the job done.

Come on, season!

YVQWYQBWNCAOZRT.20180818220345.JPG

Lots more where that came from: Athletic Dept. photo gallery from Saturday

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back