• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Camp Thread (Complete Press Conference Video Added)

Actually, I think the numbers work the other way round. If we play, the B1G will NOT be paying us. Can't believe they aren't insured for at least a partial amount of the TV revenue. Plus they can punish without expelling us, limiting participation in bowl games, post season tournaments in other sports. The best thing is to probably go along with the conference on this, no matter what they decide.
Unfortunately I think your last sentence is probably correct.

PJ is in a win/win situation, so why rock the boat? If we don't play, he rides last year's success for another season, which certainly doesn't hurt. If we do play, he can hope things continue in a positive direction, and the enthusiasm for sports will carry some strong publicity...not to mention they got a pretty good nod from the league with their schedule. Not exactly a meat grinder.

IMO, the situation is basically like the players and SF said...whether or not the players play football or not, they can get Covid. There is no way around it, but the odds are still very low. I can't believe there is so much worry about a virus that is just not that prevalent. The media hype is just way overdoing it on this thing. They act like everyone is going to get it and die, when that is far from reality. I hate to think of the effect this will have on colleges and cities where schools are.

Last edited:
PJ is in a win/win situation, so why rock the boat? If we don't play, he rides last year's success for another season, which certainly doesn't hurt. If we do play, he can hope things continue in a positive direction, and the enthusiasm for sports will carry some strong publicity...not to mention they got a pretty good nod from the league with their schedule. Not exactly a meat grinder.

He NEVER rocks the boat. Only rows it....‍

Last edited:

I can't imagine that the Big Ten would allow Nebraska, or any other conference member, to play games if the conference decides there will not be a season this year. I don't know the legal pros and cons of this, but I would think their message would be something along the lines of, "if you play, you are no longer a member."
Why would the Conference try to infringe on the University under circumstances in which the Conference is not able or willing to uphold their obligation under the contract this season? I don’t think they would interfere with any program going their own way if we’re not going to have Conference football.

Several thoughts come to mind:

No one can say for certain if any individual player, coach, or support staff is more or less likely to contract the virus whether football is played or not.

It's interesting that the four coaches that are on record as wanting to play this fall coach the four teams mentioned in the "Traction" thread started a day or two ago.

We already play three OOC games each year. It just doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to come up with a schedule. IMO finding opponents won't be an issue.

What if another conference decides to play but one or more members opt out? Say the SEC goes forward but Vanderbilt doesn't. if NU was offered Vandys schedule, would any fan be sad? Or Boston College in the ACC?

If the B1G did insist on all members not playing, maybe it's time to say goodbye.

I can't help feeling that liability issues are the main driver here.

Last edited:

Several thoughts come to mind:

No one can say for certain if any individual player, coach, or support staff is more or less likely to contract the virus whether football is played or not.

It's interesting that the four coaches that are on record as wanting to play this fall coach the four teams mentioned in the "Traction" thread started a day or two ago.

We already play three OOC games each year. It just doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to come up with a schedule. IMO finding opponents won't be an issue.

What if another conference decides to play but one or more members opt out? Say the SEC goes forward but Vanderbilt doesn't. if NU was offered Vandys schedule, would any fan be sad? Or Boston College in the ACC?

If the B1G did insist on all members not playing, maybe it's time to say goodbye.

I can't help feeling that liability issues are the main driver here.

Right. You would only need 6 teams to agree to play each other this season, 5 home and homes. Or we become the noncon games for the other conferences this year. It can be done. Frost seems confident about it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back