• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Falck and Liewer put on Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fair point of view. I still think, given better retention and roster management by the staff, this isn't a discussion that comes up but it turned out well for a couple of good kids.
And that, my friend, is basically what I read most everyone saying.

Liewer is beginning his fourth year and was in the same recruiting class as Andre Hunt. For roster management purposes, one could say that he is now using Andre Hunt's scholarship. Plus, he fits the kind of receiver that Lubick likes. He's 6'3" and athletic. Part of the WR recruiting philosophy most likely shifted to taller recruits because Nebraska no longer has a OC/WR coach is 5'8" recruiting a bunch of guys similar to him. That's for a different thread.

Anyway, the staff is managing the roster as they need to at this moment based on the situation in front of them. Let the season play out and see what happens moving forward.

That's a fair point of view. I still think, given better retention and roster management by the staff, this isn't a discussion that comes up but it turned out well for a couple of good kids.
I think retention and roster management sometimes contradict each other. Roster management often includes not retaining certain players. Now does that mean we want to lose the likes of spiel man, Luke and Robinson? No. If all things are equal we’d love to retain that kind of talent. Not absolutely sure they were all great culture fits.

And that, my friend, is basically what I read most everyone saying.

Liewer is beginning his fourth year and was in the same recruiting class as Andre Hunt. For roster management purposes, one could say that he is now using Andre Hunt's scholarship. Plus, he fits the kind of receiver that Lubick likes. He's 6'3" and athletic. Part of the WR recruiting philosophy most likely shifted to taller recruits because Nebraska no longer has a OC/WR coach is 5'8" recruiting a bunch of guys similar to him. That's for a different thread.

Anyway, the staff is managing the roster as they need to at this moment based on the situation in front of them. Let the season play out and see what happens moving forward.
Is there such a word as sensical? Not sure, but I know it when I see it

Congrats Falck and Liewer!! If you read all this garbage, I hope you at least realize it's just due to a few unstable fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back