• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fabio....DONE

Honestly I'm not real impressed by any of United young players right now....none are what I would call great.....Nani, Vidic and Rooney are their three super stars and no one else on the club really close to them (Ferdinand and Giggs are past their prime).....so I agree with my Uncle....Welbeck to me has not done anything that makes him standout or has shown any upside for the future....he has a good game once in awhile and then disappears....Gibson they finally sold....Jones is nothing special either....then again playing next to Johnny Evans probally does not help either....

Hernandez is getting beat up this year....which is Typical English football once they find out you have talent....they did it to George Best too....problem is he was the best player in the world and in my mind the greatest to ever play the game....even wacking him they could stop him....it just made him mad and even better....:)

Honestly Scholes was signed because they are desperate and have no dpeth in central midfield....never good to have to bring a guy out of retirement....

Giggs and Scholes as I said were top world class players in their prime....Scholes was Englands most creative attacking midfielder in the last generation and Giggs was one of the Top Five players in the world....and they really miss the great Roy Keane....best player of the United 1995-2005 era....as Beckham said a year or so ago the best player he played with in his career....Keane was my favorite....guy was a beast in all areas of the game...and talk about a true leader....

Oh they should have tried to bring back Tim Howard....he still lives in Manchester and makes the 30 minute drive to Liverpool on a daily basis....

I feel like out of the players I named Cleverly was the biggest reach.... Young is a regular starter for England and is not too old.

I am surprised he feels that way about Jones and Welbeck, or was he referring to the younger three I mentioned at the end?? Jones at 19 has cemented a spot at United which is pretty good and Welbeck has came on strong. Those second group of guys are all potentially great and I will admit they are still 'premature' guess.

Yes I am a bit biased as a man u fan :Biggrin:

Scholes was only signed because of injury and the inability of Snjeider to sign which actually happened because of the riots last summer. They did lose Fletcher, Cleverley and Anderson to injury so far. And he's been playing all world the last few games. So I can't complain :cool:

Wondered on his or your take on the rest of the guys I mentioned?

Honestly I'm not real impressed by any of United young players right now....none are what I would call great.....Nani, Vidic and Rooney are their three super stars and no one else on the club really close to them (Ferdinand and Giggs are past their prime).....so I agree with my Uncle....Welbeck to me has not done anything that makes him standout or has shown any upside for the future....he has a good game once in awhile and then disappears....Gibson they finally sold....Jones is nothing special either....then again playing next to Johnny Evans probally does not help either....

Hernandez is getting beat up this year....which is Typical English football once they find out you have talent....they did it to George Best too....problem is he was the best player in the world and in my mind the greatest to ever play the game....even wacking him they could stop him....it just made him mad and even better....:)

Honestly Scholes was signed because they are desperate and have no dpeth in central midfield....never good to have to bring a guy out of retirement....

Giggs and Scholes as I said were top world class players in their prime....Scholes was Englands most creative attacking midfielder in the last generation and Giggs was one of the Top Five players in the world....and they really miss the great Roy Keane....best player of the United 1995-2005 era....as Beckham said a year or so ago the best player he played with in his career....Keane was my favorite....guy was a beast in all areas of the game...and talk about a true leader....

Oh they should have tried to bring back Tim Howard....he still lives in Manchester and makes the 30 minute drive to Liverpool on a daily basis....
I think its pretty funny that you and I share some of the same opinions and some different ones :Biggrin:

I think Welbeck has a lot of upside with his pace and his strength and his creativity...he is just lacking in his touch a little

Jones I think will be a tremendous player. He has featured well for them in the center and right in the back and in the midfield. Yes he has been shaky at times on the right when facing some of the quicker and trickier wingers but his natural position is in the center of the defense.

I think Hernandez is finally getting better and will feature more. He really brings a spark when he plays with Rooney. Pretty unbeatable. Such a great soccer mind and pace and finishing ability. I wish he was born this side of the border :)

Yes they have no depth but injuries contributed to that... I am disappointed they didn't sign someone in the January transfer window but look for them to get someone in August. Oh and Giggs signed another 1 year extension. All the rest I agree with :)

Love talking soccer with you RR...its always a good discussion and no one gets too fired up :Biggrin:

United has been my secodn team for many years and frankly this is their worst team in quite some time...and yet they stay near the top because of SAF and a few stars....the league this year is not that great either so that helps....

Welbeck for a striker in the EPL just does not have that 'it' to be a great one and I suspect won't be give too many more chances before he is shipped away....

Jones to me is what the English would call pedestrian....nothing special....Vidic is the real force and right now their back 4 is not real good and the GK blows right now...but he is 20 and that is awfully young for the position...in such a good league....hopefully he doesn't lose his confidence....

The Glaziers have no money....they sold Ronaldo and used most of that to pay down the huge debt....then again that is pretty much the norm in the BPL....teams with huge debt...

Midterm transfer window is a crapshoot at best....

I'd hate to agree with anyone on everything...it would be boring...:) :)

I think its pretty funny that you and I share some of the same opinions and some different ones :Biggrin:

I think Welbeck has a lot of upside with his pace and his strength and his creativity...he is just lacking in his touch a little

Jones I think will be a tremendous player. He has featured well for them in the center and right in the back and in the midfield. Yes he has been shaky at times on the right when facing some of the quicker and trickier wingers but his natural position is in the center of the defense.

I think Hernandez is finally getting better and will feature more. He really brings a spark when he plays with Rooney. Pretty unbeatable. Such a great soccer mind and pace and finishing ability. I wish he was born this side of the border :)

Yes they have no depth but injuries contributed to that... I am disappointed they didn't sign someone in the January transfer window but look for them to get someone in August. Oh and Giggs signed another 1 year extension. All the rest I agree with :)

Love talking soccer with you RR...its always a good discussion and no one gets too fired up :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back