• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

F1 racing

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
My son and his wife got the ultimate experience through AT&T

Here they are holding the Red Bull trophy

14656361_988803367895064_3285103700909888951_n.jpg
I've been a fan forever...

Very cool! Good lookin kid. Must get that from Mom.

Very cool Pops.

I enjoy all types of racing, but F1 has to get their crap together. For how much money is spent in that sport every year, their racing is some of the worst. Mercedes has dominated the V6 turbo era - its actually sad that every race, its a joke whether or not another team will be able to knock off the two MBs from 1st and 2nd. Also because of how touchy the cars are around other cars, they pretty much try to avoid having the cars together except at the beginning of the race. When the stewards throw a caution, they need to bunch them back up. Also the fuel cells should be smaller so they have to fill fuel at least once during the race. Its ridiculous. :Soapbox:

Very cool Pops.

I enjoy all types of racing, but F1 has to get their crap together. For how much money is spent in that sport every year, their racing is some of the worst. Mercedes has dominated the V6 turbo era - its actually sad that every race, its a joke whether or not another team will be able to knock off the two MBs from 1st and 2nd. Also because of how touchy the cars are around other cars, they pretty much try to avoid having the cars together except at the beginning of the race. When the stewards throw a caution, they need to bunch them back up. Also the fuel cells should be smaller so they have to fill fuel at least once during the race. Its ridiculous. :Soapbox:

Well it's run like NASA. They are allowed to bring only 60 engenders with them and 40 are connected through the command center for the Red Bull team in the UK. Live car results are analyzed through the command center and forwarded to the engineers at the track Red Bull just switched teams this year with their engine. gas is given each time they pit is a reason you don't see em pit for the race JUST for gas. They pit finding right tires according to track Temp. Soft med hard back to soft and final run most will go to hard. Far as getting close ...this aint NASCAR 51 drivers have died driving F1, not for the fails of heart

Very cool Pops.

Pretty hard to bunch cars up on a 3.4 mile track. But yes, they could bunch 'em up during a caution. Realistically, though... you are asking for (not intentionally) more crashes in a race that would be insanely dangerous if frequently bunched. I think you understand that with a 20-turn track.

Mercedes has dominated 2014-2016. But prior to that, Red Bull dominated. I believe there's a major change in the engines being enforced for the 2017 season, which is bound to shake things up, as happens every few years. That's really how they keep it relatively fresh.

I went to the Lone Star Le Mans (endurance racing, 6-hr race) a month or so ago. That's obviously a different strategy, but quite entertaining. Maybe that's more suitable for your interests.

Last edited:
Pretty hard to bunch cars up on a 3.4 mile track. But yes, they could bunch 'em up during a caution. Realistically, though... you are asking for (not intentionally) more crashes in a race that would be insanely dangerous if frequently bunched. I think you understand that with a 20-turn track.

Mercedes has dominated 2014-2016. But prior to that, Red Bull dominated. I believe there's any major change in the engines being enforced for the 2017 season, which is bound to shake things up, as happens every few years. That's really how they keep it relatively fresh.

I went to the Lone Star Le Mans (endurance racing, 6-hr race) a month or so ago. That's obviously a different strategy, but quite entertaining. Maybe that's more suitable for your interests.
This season they went to Tag Hauer engines and the Renault team

have to remember bunching up open tires to closed is much much different

have to remember bunching up open tires to closed is much much different

That's exactly why I love open wheel racing, dude. Sprint Car all the way up to F1. I, and a few buddies usually head up here a few times a year and catch some races.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back