• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Even If Nebraska Does Not Play This Fall They Have Already Won

“Of course, Nebraska and Ohio State’s idea of going rogue — something commissioner Kevin Warren can relate to — and seeking other fall options was treated differently by some. These are consecutive tweets from the ESPN College Football account:”

But I didn’t think ESPN treated Nebraska any differently than teams like OSU?
:Stirthepot:

Good stuff

Best article I have read today

Great article. I’ve been pushing the “prospects are going to notice what Nebraska said and did” for it’s players since yesterday. Heck, a lot of us did that, and not just on here but on all platforms of social media. The message has been heard by prospective players. I agree, we seem UNIFIED as a fan base, as a staff, as an University, as a state! The electricity was started with our last few recruiting classes, with our newer staff members, and now the events of the past few days. We are coming back and we are together!

This article raised a point I hadn't considered, when was the last time the Head Football Coach, the AD, and the President were united on anything?

I responded to *** about this earlier, because until today I didn't really understand the importance of all 3 being aligned. Look at Ohio St and how badly Ryan Day wants to play, and his AD just throwing him under the bus, probably because he had to.
And then look at NU. No, there's little chance they win this fight and play this fall. But it's nice to see them fight a little longer. And I said it earlier, Ronnie Green doesn't get near the props he deserves.

Thanks for posting! Glad to see this starting to surface and gain traction. It will really, really gain traction when others play this fall and the big ten is left with soup on their spoons.

I responded to *** about this earlier, because until today I didn't really understand the importance of all 3 being aligned. Look at Ohio St and how badly Ryan Day wants to play, and his AD just throwing him under the bus, probably because he had to.
And then look at NU. No, there's little chance they win this fight and play this fall. But it's nice to see them fight a little longer. And I said it earlier, Ronnie Green doesn't get near the props he deserves.
I've said it all day, Frost and the administration know that they are not playing football this fall but I wasn't sure why they continued to poke the bear. After reading this article I can at least reconsider why they are doing what they did.

Odds are against Huskers playing this fall but it's not over until it's over. If games could be put together against non conference I say do it. Challenge the BIG and if they don't like it they have their options also. What happens if some the conference king pins decide they are also going to play this season? I'd bet the ranch it would only take several heavy confernence hitters and the BIG would fold like a cheap suit.

One person can make a difference as can one school make a difference standing up for what they believe is the right thing to do. I hope Nebraska pursues ALL possible options in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Somebody in a thread asked if anyone ever changes their opinion when reading others opinions. Yes. Here is one example. I wasn’t against Frost, but wasn’t convinced he was ready for NU. Now. percent.
Anybody that didn’t like what Frost had to say is seriously warped. His parents maybe need to write a book on how to raise a Boy to be man and a leader. Hats off to them. Scrap that, it would probably be banned for insensitivity or some other bs.
He’s not free of mistakes, but he sure seems to have a good head on his shoulders. If I was capable of producing D1 football offspring, I’d send him wherever he is coaching. Okay, except Iowa.

Let’s see. Wilbon, Desmond, Paul F or Frost. Who would you want your kid to be most like?
Tough one.

Nice article post RR. Thanks!

Good stuff

Best article I have read today

Nice article

"Nebraska already won". Take that Howard the clown, "Broken bone" Wilbone and Paulie Ickybaum !!!

Connor O'Gara (author) is the senior national columnist for Saturday Tradition. He's a member of the Football Writers Association of America. After spending his entire life living in B1G country, he moved to the South in 2015

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back