• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN's Wojciechoski picks Nebraska to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is what he says:

Why Vegas sends a limo for me:

Not only did I not have Ohio over Penn State on my short list of possible upset specials last week, but I whiffed (what a shocker) when it came time to make the big pick: Auburn over Clemson.

But I'm here for you this week.

Thought Hard About: Miami over K-State and Duke over Stanford (the Trees looked awful against San Jose State and could be looking ahead to the Sept. 15 USC game).

Went with: UCLA over Nebraska.

This is nothing against Nebraska. I'm sweet on the Huskers this season but remain concerned about the knee injury to I-back Rex Burkhead, the two-time-zone trip to Los Angeles and a better-than-you-think UCLA team that gets a couple of extra days to prepare.

He has us rated 8th in the nation (see bottom of the article).

No. 8: Nebraska (1-0)
Senior I-back Rex Burkhead's knee injury (sprained MCL) is a downer, but Taylor Martinez's five touchdown passes and career-high 354 yards should force critics to hit the mute button -- for now. Martinez's 76.5 completion percentage (26 of 34) against Southern Miss is 20 percentage points higher than his 2011 completion rate.

It's not a bad idea to pick a home dog as your upset pick. I certainly understand why. Nobody will remember when he's wrong, but when he's right, he can say "I told you so."

It's not a bad idea to pick a home dog as your upset pick. I certainly understand why. Nobody will remember when he's wrong, but when he's right, he can say "I told you so."

I think Miami beating KSU is the better bet. Not saying that will happen either.

Nebraska is any easy candidate most weekends for the "Upset Alert" game. We've been known to inexplicably lay a turd (or two) each season.

He points out legit concerns. This is not a gimmee. One thing working in our favor is that it's a late afternoon start, which should help with the jet lag.

There is a big difference between those games; Frost was starting his second game and first one on the road. Martinez is much more experienced.

It was also a night game (crowd atmosphere definitely gave them the home field advantage), and Frost was matched against Jake Plummer (who was a senior and arguably at the height of his football talent that year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back