• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN FPI Projects Nebraska to Finish 4-8

• Thread starter Deleted member 3561
  • Start date

Unbelievable. We've piddled around for 2 decades. Until we commit to running the ball the beatings will continue. It's not rocket science.

I have actually never been to the New England states.... cthusker, ask me sometime about the Texas border patrol some 150 miles from the border, I was pissed and let the asswhipe know about it too. I believe its a 50 mile radius, not 150 miles.
At least you weren't put into a cage.
Of course I wouldn't as well because I look white...

Last edited:

At least you weren't put into a cage.
Of course I wouldn't as well because I look white... The best burger recipe for those who care. Grease an iron skillet on a stove top (size doesn't matter) and get it very hot. Then cook that burger at high temp at 2 minutes. Then toss it under the Broiler on high at 1 min each side, then it is at a great medium temp. I've got pics to prove how good this.
You've got pics to prove it..... That's it..... ICE, We've got him, he's an illegal...... Sic 'Em Boys!!!!!

Nothing will beat an 80/20 Burger* cooked over an open flame of charcoal briquettes......

* or meat mix of your choice, as we've done turkey, venison, and wild boar with a nice beef mix on the grill over charcoal versus over a gas grill or an oven of any sort.

You've got pics to prove it..... That's it..... ICE, We've got him, he's an illegal...... Sic 'Em Boys!!!!!

Nothing will beat an 80/20 Burger* cooked over an open flame of charcoal briquettes......

* or meat mix of your choice, as we've done turkey, venison, and wild boar with a nice beef mix on the grill over charcoal versus over a gas grill or an oven of any sort.
That 80/20 holds nothing up against grinding up your own choice cuts and using better cuts of steak. I'd rather even grind up a chuck versus 80/20. But I cannot disagree about the open flame part, just not the charcoal. I prefer gas over charcoal because the latter are loaded with off-gases full of carcinogens. I want to taste my steak burgers, not the charcoal.

Now if we were talking Red Snapper I'd be using fruit-bearing wood to cook with. Some things just go perfect together.

That 80/20 holds nothing up against grinding up your own choice cuts and using better cuts of steak. I'd rather even grind up a chuck versus 80/20. But I cannot disagree about the open flame part, just not the charcoal. I prefer gas over charcoal because the latter are loaded with off-gases full of carcinogens. I want to taste my steak burgers, not the charcoal.

Now if we were talking Red Snapper I'd be using fruit-bearing wood to cook with. Some things just go perfect together.

The bold in black, yeah, agreed. The orange, gas cooks well, it just doesn't give the flavor that wood or charcoal does, carcinogens or not. With a quality meat, you will taste it with a charcoal or wood flame over a gas flame every time. Heck, even a flat iron over wood/charcoal flame is better than a gas flame.

Last edited:

The bold in black, yeah, agreed. The orange, gas cooks well, it just doesn't give the flavor that wood or charcoal does, carcinogens or not. With a quality meat, you will taste it with a charcoal or wood flame over a gas flame every time. Heck, even a flat iron over wood/charcoal flame is better than a gas flame.
There was a time when I was single and used charcoal on a near daily basis. I just cannot go back. The evenness of the flame and control of the heat is night and day compared to charcoal.

Charcoal just leaves too much particulate on the meat for my good sense. None of it is healthy to eat. Cooking with wood is pretty much the same issue, but fish cooks fast and leaves little time for accumulation, so much less cancer risk. We grill too much for me to consciously put my family at risk like that. Red Snapper isn't something we do more than once or twice a season. Some years we don't even get out on the boat during the season. So when we have it fresh we go all out.

Wow,
You actually are correct on this post

Headed there tomorrow actually.
Any good bars worth going to in area?
I haven't been back for about 6 years, but the Union on 10th Street was always a good one. If your across the river in Scottsbluff, then I hear Goonies Sports bar is popular.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back