• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN caught cheating.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
I wonder if they will call for penalties and firings on themselves.

Maybe ESPN will have to vacate those specific years that they were broadcasting from the record books. :thumbsup:
I doubt it. They won’t even acknowledge it. One of their top stories is FSU and the NIL violations. You have to go to another new site to find where ESPN is cheating.

The Athletic reported that there was no evidence that the staffers who received the awards were aware of the behind-the-scenes fraud.
"Gee! I got an Emmy? I didn't even know I was nominated!"

Edit:
[ESPN] hired an outside law firm to “conduct a full and thorough investigation” and that “individuals found to be responsible were disciplined by ESPN.”
":Rolf: Good one, guys, but don't do it again, okay? ;)"

Last edited:

Doesn't ESPN have any contacts in Korea or China where they could just purchase a cheap knock off?
Sure, you might be presenting an "Emny" award to some on air personality but, hey, they didn't really win anything anyway.

Doesn't ESPN have any contacts in Korea or China where they could just purchase a cheap knock off?
Sure, you might be presenting an "Emny" award to some on air personality but, hey, they didn't really win anything anyway.
Everybody gets a trophy
Making a mockery of things

Last edited:

I doubt it. They won’t even acknowledge it. One of their top stories is FSU and the NIL violations. You have to go to another new site to find where ESPN is cheating.
They did acknowledge it and they did give the trophies back according to the article.

What I’m curious about is the Emmy’s process. I’d imagine every tv station/streamer submits a list of names for each category. What I guess happened is there are categories without a lot of submissions, like, “best use of a minor league baseball highlight by an associate segment producer after 11pm ct”. They may only have one submission for that award. That’s my guess but I’d like to know more.

ESPN has made a lot of bad decisions over the years. I remember when they used to mock the networks for the little TV show promo interviews like Tony Danza in the 3rd row at the MNF game on the big networks. Now they're the worst of the corporate TV practices.

I saw the article about ESPN in negotiations to extend their broadcasting of the football playoff, now expanded. I thought the point of waiting a year was to have an open bidding with other broadcasters in the mix. Did no one else want to bid? I was really hoping someone else (besides the Peacock Network or Apple TV) would take it away from ESPN.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back