• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Eli's Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

"ilk", contrary to popular opinion is not a derogatory comment. It simply means "of the same kind". What I referred to is those who dis Husker athletes or in your case, defend those who do by suggesting that I missed out on a cleverly stated joke.

Your support of one who did makes you of the same kind IMO. Also if I wanted to call you a jerk I would not have minced any words and done so.

"The players are young men, they don't need our defense." Since there are no current players that regularly post on this board, I totally disagree. So if you choose to attack or dis a Husker player or support those who do by calling me out, then you can bet your sweet ass I am going to voice my opinion about that issue.

C

I got plenty to add but it would be pointless. People need to get a sense of humor around here and lighten up.
We find common ground here. I don't find dissing Husker football players (or supporting those who do) funny. When you start posting something funny or humorous let me know. :)

We find common ground here. I don't find dissing Husker football players (or supporting those who do) funny. When you start posting something funny or humorous let me know. :)

Pointing out it was probably a joke is supporting? OK.o_O

C

It's funny how wrong you are all the time. Let me guess, you feel that NU has had incredibly steady leadership at the head coach spot with Bo and at the QB position with TM and TA? Just a model of consistency, right? LOL

I don't care if people want to criticize the current staff and also feel that they definitely share in the blame for last year's debacle. I've said it many times but I'm sure you only digest the things I post that you construe as being anti-Bo or throwing the players under the bus.

It's the pervasive negativity in light of what many of us perceive to be some very positive things going on in the program right now that steams my beans. You used to go ballistic anytime there was the slightest bit of criticism directed at Bo, but it's open season on Riley and you're fine with it...hippo of the crit variety.

TA plays a high profile position at a P5 school and he is open to criticism whether ultra-sensitive helicopter fans such as yourself like it or not. He's not 9 years old after all. I would say the amount of criticism he receives from NU fans isn't anything compared to what it would be if he played at Bama, LSU, tOSU, etc. When a 3rd year starter is still making the same mistakes, regardless of system, that he made as a freshman and that every Joe Blow fan can point out then he leaves himself open to criticism. When he scores a 60% an on impromptu test and the 3rd stringer scores a 90%, well, you do the math. Like the article said, TA has the physical ability to play at the next level. When he doesn't buy in to a coach and system that will give him his best opportunity to get to the NFL, or, at least, doesn't buy in until the season has been flushed down the toilet I feel criticism of him is fair.

I've pointed out TA's positives on many occasions and really hope that he can take that next step. I believe his past performance has given me every right to remain skeptical that it will happen. That doesn't mean I'm not pulling like crazy for him to do it because I am.

Regarding Riley, I understand why his past record has people skeptical. I also understand why former NFL Pro Bowler's are sending their kids his way. I will accentuate the positive side of that coin until Riley proves at NU that it is not warranted. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Excellent post.......Excellent!

Criticism is the chance you take any time you follow a passion and put yourself "out there." I cook for large groups of people fairly often and I don't expect everyone to love it and I'm certainly not oblivious to the fact that there may be criticism; I'm willing to take that chance.

Last edited:
Criticism is the chance you take any time you follow a passion and put yourself "out there." I cook for large groups of people fairly often and I don't expect everyone to love it and I'm certainly not oblivious to the fact that there may be criticism; I'm willing to take that chance.
Excellent. If you cook up some slop and you put it out there for me to eat, you can bet that you will hear criticism from me --- same with crap that is put out on this board for public consumption.

Whether you think belittling or disrespecting (not criticism to which you are trying to switch the discussion) Husker football players is okay or not is immaterial ------- I do, and you can bet that I will speak my piece when you or anyone else chooses to do so.

Excellent. If you cook up some slop and you put it out there for me to eat, you can bet that you will hear criticism from me --- same with crap that is put out on this board for public consumption.

Whether you think belittling or disrespecting (not criticism to which you are trying to switch the discussion) Husker football players is okay or not is immaterial ------- I do, and you can bet that I will speak my piece when you or anyone else chooses to do so.
LOL. Your problem is you don't understand that others hold a different opinion and you fail to respect THAT. Heck, looks like you'd blast Suh for giving you a free meal and you don't see anything wrong with that. I think that is wrong, but I see nothing wrong with criticizing a player who is performing horribly while reaping many benefits that are provided by the good people of Nebraska. Fortunately, that situation doesn't come up too often, sometimes not at all...last year just provided a truly obvious case or two.

Now you're finally getting it. :Banghead:

I made an Ancho-Chocolate Ice Cream w/Dark Rum Whipped Cream, Dolce de Leche, Coconut Shavings, and Toasted Almonds for a party last week that would have made your eyes bleed from euphoria, so I'm confident in my ability and can weather any criticism thrown my way.

Most great athletes think the same way. Tommy doesn't seem too rattled by criticism which is one of the reasons I have hope. He has confidence, leadership skills, and the physical tools to be great in combination with the ability to let criticism run down his back. If he can put the mental aspect of the game together he has the potential to be great. Bo suffered from the same affliction and couldn't overcome the mental aspect of the game; I have more confidence in Tommy's ability to overcome and hope you do, too. :Cheers:

Has anybody mentioned Bo yet in this thread, just to criticize him when it's not germane to the subject or discussions?

Oh, there it is...

wait a minute...oh snap, it looks like its actually been done three times in this thread.

Oh, but it's by the same person

...situation normal...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back