• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ed Morrow transferring

You know why I wanted Coach Miles gone even this year? Two reasons, I really think he just can't flat out coach during a game and the most important thing is that two if not three years in a row now he has lost the kids will to play for him at the end of the season. You lose your team then you should be gone! Now if it was only one year of losing the team then I might blame that on just the luck of having a bunch of crybaby players but Miles's track record is getting down right scary!

I'm not missing your point. I'm dismissing it. The whole tradition thing....these kids are 15 or 16 when you start recruiting them. As far as they know 2010 is the "olden days". And NU HAS landed guys like morrow and Watson who were 4* IIRC...so it CAN be done on the recruiting front.

South Carolina and Miami don't have s... for basketball tradition so you counter geography.

Tradition doesn't exist and can't be built without winning. Winning can't happen without geography. Those...and facilities...were the age old excuses. If one is willing to accept those excuses then nu should really consider shutting down the program or just hiring some Sclub for 100k and forgetting about it.

They are hurdles, not walls.

I never said it could not be done at Nebraska. I just said it was harder.

SC has 4 playes on their roster from SC including the SEC player of the year. Martin convinced guys to stay in state and play.

I never said it could not be done at Nebraska. I just said it was harder.

SC has 4 playes on their roster from SC including the SEC player of the year. Martin convinced guys to stay in state and play.
It is what it is. There are also lots of good things. Big 10. Top notch facilities. Fan support (for now). For a coach there's the benefit of no extreme pressure or unrealistic expectations.

Run a system kids want to play and win games and have an ability to capitalize on successes (unlike miles and his ncaa run) and you can get the ball rolling. Easy? Nope. But it's not splitting atoms either.

Losing brings out the worse in sports programs sometimes. I don't know who to blame for the scoring droughts and cluelessness on offense. We miss more point blank shots than any team I have ever seen. We seem to either piddledink around the perimeter or drive to the bucket and force up a prayer between 3 defenders. We are lucky sometimes that we seem to get other teams to play down to our level. Morrow was a decent player but not a great one. When they are getting a first rate education and choose to leave, what can you do?

It is what it is. There are also lots of good things. Big 10. Top notch facilities. Fan support (for now). For a coach there's the benefit of no extreme pressure or unrealistic expectations.

Run a system kids want to play and win games and have an ability to capitalize on successes (unlike miles and his ncaa run) and you can get the ball rolling. Easy? Nope. But it's not splitting atoms either.

Yeah I know there are a lot of good things, but the lack of local talent is a big one. You would think NU could field a team like Iowa with a solid coach. Maybe they can, but it is still the local talent thing. I looked it up they had 7 guys from Iowa on their team this year.

Yeah I know there are a lot of good things, but the lack of local talent is a big one. You would think NU could field a team like Iowa with a solid coach. Maybe they can, but it is still the local talent thing. I looked it up they had 7 guys from Iowa on their team this year.
But Iowa is the Bronx of the midwest.;)

You know why I wanted Coach Miles gone even this year? Two reasons, I really think he just can't flat out coach during a game and the most important thing is that two if not three years in a row now he has lost the kids will to play for him at the end of the season. You lose your team then you should be gone! Now if it was only one year of losing the team then I might blame that on just the luck of having a bunch of crybaby players but Miles's track record is getting down right scary!

I just want to respond to one thing you said above: "I really think he just can't flat out coach during a game". I have screamed that sentiment many, many times. Heck, the last game of this season was that in a nutshell!!

You know, some coaches can recruit but cannot coach. Well, we have a double whammy! Hate to hit on the coach, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I think it would because of his outlook and not about how he is handling Miles specifically. If it becomes obvious that players have a crisis of confidence about a coach and the AD ignores this...that is a dangerous precedent to set for an athletic department.
Question. Did Ginger not fire Miles because he was told no? Wouldn't shock me. To date his 2 hires don't look very good, at least to this point. So do you trust an incompetent boob to blow another bunch of dough or let things ride another year and see where FB, BB, and WBB go?

True. Don't have to tell me, I don't really care for Creighton. They are winning though and they aren't a mid-major any more. You are right, they are our #1 rival outside of conference. We are competing with them now.

Well not really on some meanings of that statement

Question. Did Ginger not fire Miles because he was told no? Wouldn't shock me. To date his 2 hires don't look very good, at least to this point. So do you trust an incompetent boob to blow another bunch of dough or let things ride another year and see where FB, BB, and WBB go?
Go drop your bulls--- on the football board and leave it there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back