• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Early Wisconsin spread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howlin Wolf

Recruit
5 Year Member
I just saw the first spread and it was NU -13 1/2. Sounds a little high and I hope the Idaho State margin of win didn't weigh in too heavily . This is without knowing if Monte Ball will play.

I think its mostly based on how under-whelming Wisconsin has looked....their O-line blows....stuggling big time to run block.....QB issues....Ball probably will not play and they could easily be 1-3 and not 3-1....and the game is in Lincoln...

And yeah no guarantee of a victory....but with these issues the bookies see it different than the two fan bases....

Wisconsin was all but written in for the conference championship game before the season. The transfer qb didn't work out this year and they changed qb last week.
They are off to a bad start but with the track record over the last 5 years they could make some changes and get it together.
The Odds makers don't have anything but money involved in setting the odds, no emotion--you're right there!

I'd take Wisconsin with that line. I think Neb wins, but it will be a very hard fought game. Wisconsin teams don't lose by double digits very often.

Usually I would agree with you....I think it may happen this Saturday...their D line is beat up to boot and with all of their offensive issues its going to be tough for them against and offense like ours...

Now how our D plays is anyone's guess....but if you match O's we win hands-down....

I'd take Wisconsin with that line. I think Neb wins, but it will be a very hard fought game. Wisconsin teams don't lose by double digits very often.

The Husker offense is much better than the Wisky offense. By far.

The question for me is how much better the Wisky defense is than NU's. Slight edge for them, I think, but not enough to make up for the offensive differences.

Give the points. Huskers by 17.

Usually I would agree with you....I think it may happen this Saturday...their D line is beat up to boot and with all of their offensive issues its going to be tough for them against and offense like ours...

Now how our D plays is anyone's guess....but if you match O's we win hands-down....

Good point...I think this is one those offenses that we have a good chance of shutting down. Pelini defenses usually do a pretty good job against offenses like this. But Wisconsin will be physical on defense, so it could be a slugfest.

Now next week vs. Ohio St., Braxton Miller scares me to death against our defense.

Last edited:
I see it more in the 9 point range. If Ball doesn't play, it could move to the 13 range.

Their QB is young RS-Frosh walk-on.....not much of a runner...theri O-line has had big issues run blocking....Ball avg. only 3.8 yards a carry.....

Their D is good...but not great....their D-line is beat up....and their secondary lacks speed in my opinion....I think the trio of Quincy, Bell and Turner along with our RB stable should do well on Saturday Night....our offense hands-down is better than Wisconsin....best they have seen this year....

Braxton Miller is the real deal....but they seem to rely on him a great deal....we have more weapons....their D has issues too....could be a shootout unless one of the teams figures the defense out...:) :) Will be a real tough one....especially in Columbus....

Good point...I think this is one those offenses that we have a good chance of shutting down. Pelini defenses usually do a pretty good job against offenses like this. But Wisconsin will be physical on defense, so it could be a slugfest.

Now next week vs. Ohio St., Braxton Miller scares me to death against our defense.

Yeah, but lesser lines have had success running against our defense. They will get their yards and it will be a bonus for us if Ball can't play.

Based on what? Their offense is not that good....their D is good...but not great....

Running teams can get real well against us. I picked 30-21 in the score contest as I think we have the capacity to make this game closer than it should be.

Their O-line is a mess....can't run block and Ball was only avg 3.8 yards a carry....not much if any speed in the O skill positions....

Their D-line is all beat up....couple of starters may not play....

I picked 41-13 as I think our O is going to light them up....their DB are not that fast and we have the WR this year to make like hell for them and our RB stable is going to make it tough for them....they will probably be with a back-up RB....

They don't have a Russell Wilson or anywhere near one.....

Running teams can get real well against us. I picked 30-21 in the score contest as I think we have the capacity to make this game closer than it should be.

I always applaud your optimism Reign. I will be there so at least I know it's in the bag.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back