• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Early Signing Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Zymurgist

Want a beer?
5 Year Member
Admittedly, I only know about the early signng date from what I read about in this site. Can anyone tell me how many recruits nationwide are expected to sign on the early sign date versus the normal February date?

Seems like a bit of a problem for programs that fire their coaches at the end of the season.

I was listening to ESPNU on sirius/XM today....way too many possible scenarios.......

I have to agree with you RZ, listening to ESPNU on Sirius/XM is the problem.
You ever listen to their college football programs? Easily, IMO, the best college football programing out there, especially when you consider the variety of subject experts and the fact I don't get a husker football show on my local radio station. Unlike the ESPN TV shows, they are alot less biased.

You ever listen to their college football programs? Easily, IMO, the best college football programing out there, especially when you consider the variety of subject experts and the fact I don't get a husker football show on my local radio station. Unlike the ESPN TV shows, they are alot less biased.

Yep. Apparently, GFOA is commenting on them without ever having listened to that channel. Probably thinks it's all the ESPN talking heads i.e. Herbstreit. That is my favorite channel. Interestingly, I never thought much of Rick Neuheisel but I really enjoy him on Full Ride with Childers. Very entertaining. Packer is great too.

Last edited:
So no one has given any kind of indication as to whether we'll see teams sign 10% or 80% of their current commits on Wednesday? Looking at another thread, seems like Nebraska is expecting to be in the 70% range of signees among current known commitments.

Yep. Apparently, GFOA is commenting on them without ever having listened to that channel. Probably thinks it's all the ESPN talking heads i.e. Herbstreit. That is my favorite channel. Interestingly, I thought much of Rick Neuheisel but I really enjoy him on Full Ride with Childers. Very entertaining. Packer is great too.
Totally agree....really like Neuheisel and Pack...Childers is good, too. Also like the show with Danny Kanell. The only real biased person (for the SEC) is Finebaum, but that is to be expected since he is the SEC show guy. I only listen to them mostly in mid November and most of December when I am off work and mostly hunting (no, not road hunting, usually driving to and from where I hunted).

Last edited:

So no one has given any kind of indication as to whether we'll see teams sign 10% or 80% of their current commits on Wednesday? Looking at another thread, seems like Nebraska is expecting to be in the 70% range of signees among current known commitments.
I think 70% of most teams classes will be signed by early signing period. I think we will be at about 40% signed compared to what we end up with in the class.

Meant to be a joke...not as obvious as I thought.

I think 70% of most teams classes will be signed by early signing period. I think we will be at about 40% signed compared to what we end up with in the class.

I'm surprised it will be that high. Seems to hurt teams which are replacing coaching staffs, as there are six weeks less to flip someone. On the other hand, I suppose that of those who sign on Wednesday, most would still stick their commitment even if they had to wait until February to sign.

I'm surprised it will be that high. Seems to hurt teams which are replacing coaching staffs, as there are six weeks less to flip someone. On the other hand, I suppose that of those who sign on Wednesday, most would still stick their commitment even if they had to wait until February to sign.
Ohio State, Alabama, Wisconsin, schools like that who have had their class in place for some time are anxious to get kids signed and not have to fend off other suitors so they can work on finalizing their classes last spots and start working on 2019.

Yep. Apparently, GFOA is commenting on them without ever having listened to that channel. Probably thinks it's all the ESPN talking heads i.e. Herbstreit. That is my favorite channel. Interestingly, I never thought much of Rick Neuheisel but I really enjoy him on Full Ride with Childers. Very entertaining. Packer is great too.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back