• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early Line on Purdue/Nebraska

I don't know how else to say it. If team A has a + it means they are the underdog. It doesn't matter if the team favored is at home or not. + symbol, you're the underdog, - symbol, you're the favored team, home field status means nil.

I’m apparently not being clear with my question. I get the team with the minus is the favored team. I get the team with the + is the underdog. So if NU is a 10 point dog to OU you can see it listed two ways.

1. NU (+10) at OU or
  2. NU at (-10) OU
Is there a significance to the two different ways to state the same thing? Or is it just the preference of the person putting out that particular listing because I’ve never seen this NU (+10) at (-10) OU

I’m apparently not being clear with my question. I get the team with the minus is the favored team. I get the team with the + is the underdog. So if NU is a 10 point dog to OU you can see it listed two ways.

1. NU (+10) at OU or
  2. NU at (-10) OU
Is there a significance to the two different ways to state the same thing? Or is it just the preference of the person putting out that particular listing because I’ve never seen this NU (+10) at (-10) OU
To be honest, I've never seen it posted the way you are stating. However, according to what you just posted, it would appear that that would be the preference of the person posting. It looks to be the exact same, just stated with who wasn't favored, and who is.

To be honest, I've never seen it posted the way you are stating. However, according to what you just posted, it would appear that that would be the preference of the person posting. It looks to be the exact same, just stated with who wasn't favored, and who is.

Ok. I’ve just always been curious if there was a significance but I guess there isn’t.

I understand that. I’m just asking why sometimes it’s listed as + and sometimes - if that makes sense. In other words. If NU is a 10 point dog to OU it could read NU +10 vs OU or NU vs OU -10. I didn’t know if there was a significance to that.
I have always seen it listed as the favored team (-**). The only time I see it listed as the underdog number is when someone is talking about the game and he is taking the underdog.
As an example, "I see the Huskers putting things together after a week off. I am taking Nebraska(+10) against Purdue."

Last edited:

I get that. But why is it sometimes listed as a minus by team A instead of a plus by team B? Is there a significance to that? I get what +/- means. As in my example you could see it listed either way.
I know exactly what you're asking. I don't know why they list it one way sometimes and a different way other times.

I’ve never really paid much attention, but is it a home team/away team thing? I would assume there is some reasoning in the way they depict it in lists.

1. NU (+10) at OU or
  2. NU at (-10) OU

Home team vs away team

1. NU (+10) at OU or
  2. NU at (-10) OU
You and HHS going back and forth reminds me of the "Dude" and "Sweet" tattoo scene from the movie Where's my car?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back