• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Drake like his brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that this has been proven to be factually wrong. If you have data to support your statement, I would like to see it.
:popcorn:

How about you support yours? Other QBs had more interceptions (which is the data you're probably thinking of), but I very much doubt anyone has had more picks and fumbles combined. Prove me wrong.

I can understand an argument for Frazier, Frost, Tagge, Gill, Crouch, and possibly Taylor or Ganz, but anyone who says Martinez is a stretch to crack our top ten QB list would have to present a compelling argument for nearly every player they'd rank ahead of him.

I certainly my would not rank either Taylor or Ganz in that category, nor would I rate Humm or Steve Taylor in any top ten. Perhaps Ferragamo, but to me it's patently and intentionally short-sighted to suggest that the all-time stats leader at QB, and possibly the winningest QB (definitely in the top 5) in the history of the program is not a top ten program QB.

I guess it comes down to what you use as your criteria. My beef with Taylor is that there have been many games when he was a liability. IMO, a "top ten" program QB should consistently be a positive force. There have been to many face-palm moments with Taylor for him to be a lock in the top ten. And, of course, there's that whole 0-5 post season thing.

The yards and all-time wins stuff doesn't impress me as much. Taylor has been the only serviceable QB on the roster in three seasons. In many ways, he's been the beneficiary of fortuitous circumstances. It's not fair to compare his career stats against guys who only had a year or two to make an impact as a starter.

Last edited:
I guess it comes down to what you use as your criteria. My beef with Taylor is that there have been many games when he was a liability. IMO, a "top ten" program QB should consistently be a positive force. There have been to many face-palm moments with Taylor for him to be a lock in the top ten. And, of course, there's that whole 0-6 post season thing.

The yards and all-time wins stuff doesn't impress me as much. Taylor has been the only serviceable QB on the roster in three seasons. In many ways, he's been the beneficiary of fortuitous circumstances. It's not fair to compare his career stats against guys who only had a year or two to make an impact as a starter.

Stats don't care about "fairness". He's done what he's done. Crouch started four years. Compare their stats.

Heismans:

Crouch: 1
Martinez: 0

/end thread

:Biggrin:
Good one.

Point is, the stats are the stats. Just like if you make a birdie on hole #2 then a triple bogey on hole #3. The birdie is still a birdie. Just because you performed poorly on the next hole does not erase your performance on the previous one. It does effect your score, however, just like Taylor's gaffes effect the outcome of games.

Drake plays in the very low end of So Cal Football. Daddy Martinez, in my opinion, moved him a few times to someplace he would be the man. I will wait and see what he brings to big time college football before getting to excited about him.

Drake plays in the very low end of So Cal Football. Daddy Martinez, in my opinion, moved him a few times to someplace he would be the man. I will wait and see what he brings to big time college football before getting to excited about him.

How did he do on the surf team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back