• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Doubt

NU could potentially have the same "cake" walk to the CWS annually.

It looks as though NCAA will be changing the regional format in the next year or two. It will be going to a best of three series b/w two teams for each round. That is, 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63, 3 vs 62, etc. Winners move on to the next week, 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, 3 vs 30, etc. The final week to determine the Omaha bids will be 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, 3 vs 14, etc.

What this does is ensure that 32 teams will be hosting the opening round, and also puts a premium on your top two starters. If you have two studs, coupled with a high seed, you're probably in Omaha...

Rating Percentage IndexNon-Conference
ConferenceRPIRankW - LWin PctBest TeamAutomatic Bid
Big Ten0.58041122 - 290.8079Ohio StateMichigan State
Big East0.56802153 - 470.7650SyracuseLouisville
Big XII0.5647397 - 260.7886KansasMissouri
SEC0.56294127 - 460.7341KentuckyVanderbilt
Mountain West0.5563587 - 270.7632New MexicoNew Mexico
ACC0.55206118 - 530.6901North CarolinaFlorida State
Atlantic 100.53437120 - 740.6186TempleSaint Bonaventure
Missouri Valley0.5258871 - 440.6174Wichita StateCreighton
Pac 120.5257984 - 580.5915WashingtonColorado

<tbody>
</tbody>

Just because I like numbers, cuz they don't and can't have lie, i fugured i'd go and see the top 9 conferences in Basketball! Well, based on what has been said....i guess the Pac-10 sucks in Basketball.

Well, if you watched any college basketball this year, you would know that the pac-12 did indeed suck his year.....badly

They had 2 teams make the tourney, Colorado because they won the conference tourney, and only because they won, and Cal, who barely snuck in......Hell, Washington, the regular season champ, didnt even make it in

It looks as though NCAA will be changing the regional format in the next year or two. It will be going to a best of three series b/w two teams for each round. That is, 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63, 3 vs 62, etc. Winners move on to the next week, 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, 3 vs 30, etc. The final week to determine the Omaha bids will be 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, 3 vs 14, etc.

What this does is ensure that 32 teams will be hosting the opening round, and also puts a premium on your top two starters. If you have two studs, coupled with a high seed, you're probably in Omaha...

Overall I think that if you have 2 studs now and get in, you can go far......but this will be very interesting.

Well, if you watched any college basketball this year, you would know that the pac-12 did indeed suck his year.....badly

They had 2 teams make the tourney, Colorado because they won the conference tourney, and only because they won, and Cal, who barely snuck in......Hell, Washington, the regular season champ, didnt even make it in

I watch all sports all the time...doesnt matter what it is. Point being the 9th best Conference in any sport doesn't "suck" Maybe if there were only 10 total Conferences i might agree, but when there is 33! that's just silly!

Lets revisit this, because you've lost the forest thru the trees:

There were men on second and third with no out, The odds of the man on third eventually scoring are in Nebraska's favor as there are no out.

Erstad calls the contact play, which by your admission is a "gamble" (your words, not mine).

It doesn't work, the runner is thrown out at home.

I say its a poor call, the odds are the runner would've scored from third without taking the gamble.

You justify it, claiming I don't know how the play works.

It was a tight game, Nebraska lost by one run. Draw your own conclusions.

Couldn't say it any better, FC. He could have taken a second to see where the ball was going, because, as you said, there were no outs, and don't give up the runner, as if there were 2 outs, and you had to take a "gamble". In any case, Darin Erstad is not perfect. I am sure he learned from that play.

To further add, you should let the runner make the decision, when there are no outs.......especially!

Last edited:
Yes, his last name is Only...when I 1st saw it I thought the same thing, then I thought it was supposed to be like Buster Olney, but no...it is Only

Hey, just found these urls in another thread. I ONLY just saw them a few minutes ago. ;)

Huskers get future 3B for 2013!!!
http://couriernews.suntimes.com/spor...-nebraska.html

Video:
http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/pr...nly-6048523791

I have to say, there wasn't much in the video to think he
is a star in the making. You wouldn't say, he was swinging
at heat! As far as the fielding, you couldn't see if the balls
were reaching 1b, either! :

Will have to wait and see how he develops. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back