• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Nebraska use Haarberg in some Taysom Hill Packages this year???

Every year is a new disruption. New players, existing players who’ve grown, matured and improved themselves, new coaches, new schemes, new systems …

Every year is new. This coming fall 6 of the 9 players in the TE room will be freshmen. These guys are going to have to learn new terminology, new expectations, new everything. I don’t think HH will be as far behind as you might suggest. He already knows the playbook. He knows (or should know) the TE’s responsibilities, he’s been around practice and he knows the coach fairly well.

You also presume that HH is automatically the #2 QB. I think Kaelin and Gramstad may have a voice in that decision. You also have Lateef coming in next year.

IMO you see HH as the primary backup QB and possible gadget guy and that role is too important to move him to TE.

I see HH as a great athlete who is too valuable to leave sitting on the sideline. I’m being optimistic in that I believe/hope that DR will be able to take the majority of 1st team snaps and be pretty good at it. I believe the guys at QB besides HH will be able to fill the backup role.

All good! Peace. :Corn2:
I guess I don’t have as much confidence in the others filling that role right now. I have more confidence in the tight end backups who we have recruited for the position.

If and when they feel there is enough depth at quarterback then if he wants, move him there permanently. Part time in a position he has never played is going to be difficult. I’m not sure he would be in the top half of that room.

I guess I don’t have as much confidence in the others filling that role right now. I have more confidence in the tight end backups who we have recruited for the position.

If and when they feel there is enough depth at quarterback then if he wants, move him there permanently. Part time in a position he has never played is going to be difficult. I’m not sure he would be in the top half of that room.
IIRC correctly, HH had some of last years summer and fall camp at the TE position, they were hoping to switch him out last year, but moved him back before the season started. Probably because Sims was a TO machine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back