• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Frosty Return? Best guess

Does frosty return?

• Yes

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters
Interesting. I missed him declaring that. First game this year he's skipped?

It probably wouldn't be a big deal if we won against Purdue, but if we were to lose, Trev would get inundated with "are you going to fire Frost now?" types of questions.

It's probably best for Trev to avoid being a distraction from the game itself.
A loss to Purdue and it's curtains for Frost IMO.

The problem is that Scott Frost was the blue light special when he came to Nebraska. Something like you cant lose with Frost and the truth be told it was the same for Bo Pelini at least in popularity. At least Frost isn't psychotic but Bo could coach according to his record here. Every coach since Devaney has had winning records except for our homey.
I think we need a coach with an edge (like Bo) or more players with an edge (like Incognito, Peter, etc). Those guys stirred crap and got in your face when you slacked off and guess what? You didn't slack off. There needs to be more in your face football and less "atta boy" crap. TO did a great job managing his guys. He had some animals that he could keep in check but were borderline most of the time. I would rather try to reign them in than kick them in the ass 24/7. Just my opinion.

From N2FL's article on Huskermax:
"Frost is 15-25 (.375 win %) as coach of Nebraska. He still doesn't have a signature win. Heck, he still hasn't beaten a team with a pulse. Of his 15 wins, five came against teams from the FCS (2018 Bethune-Cookman, 2021 Fordham), Sun Belt (2019 South Alabama) and MAC (2019 Northern Illinois, 2021 Buffalo). Of his 10 wins against Power Five opponents, only two of those teams (Minnesota, Michigan State) finished with a winning record. Both were 7-6 in 2018. Northwestern, who Nebraska beat October 2, is currently 3-4. The other seven were a combined 25-48 (.342 win %)."

He goes on to say that Scott has to go at least 2-2 that rest of the year to have any chance to stay for year 5.

My reading of that paragraph and Trev's recent radio program is that only 3-1 and a bowl game would be enough to get Scott to year 5.

By any objective analysis Scott's time in Lincoln has been completely without success, so only by beating three ranked teams and getting to a bowl game this year could he and Trev justify "progress" in the program. Odds of that.........

From N2FL's article on Huskermax:
"Frost is 15-25 (.375 win %) as coach of Nebraska. He still doesn't have a signature win. Heck, he still hasn't beaten a team with a pulse. Of his 15 wins, five came against teams from the FCS (2018 Bethune-Cookman, 2021 Fordham), Sun Belt (2019 South Alabama) and MAC (2019 Northern Illinois, 2021 Buffalo). Of his 10 wins against Power Five opponents, only two of those teams (Minnesota, Michigan State) finished with a winning record. Both were 7-6 in 2018. Northwestern, who Nebraska beat October 2, is currently 3-4. The other seven were a combined 25-48 (.342 win %)."

He goes on to say that Scott has to go at least 2-2 that rest of the year to have any chance to stay for year 5.

My reading of that paragraph and Trev's recent radio program is that only 3-1 and a bowl game would be enough to get Scott to year 5.

By any objective analysis Scott's time in Lincoln has been completely without success, so only by beating three ranked teams and getting to a bowl game this year could he and Trev justify "progress" in the program. Odds of that.........

And our only two wins over teams that finished with ranked records were significantly worse teams when we played them.

When we beat Minnesota in 2018, Fleck fired his defensive coordinator two weeks later to finish the season 3-1. Minnesota was pounded by three teams with losing records in 2018 -- Maryland, Illinois, and Nebraska -- warranting the change in D-coordinator. The Gophers have been a much better program since.

When we beat Michigan State (9-6) in 2018, they were playing with their backup QB, Lombardi (in a snow storm), as the starter had gotten injured the prior week. Michigan State hobbled in their last four games, scoring 6, 6, 14, and 6 points and beating only lowly Rutgers by 4. They were a shell of what they were through midseason.

Obviously, that's part of the game. And those games count equal to all others. Point being, we are really hard pressed to come up with Frost beating a good team throughout all of his four years. The only two that even sort of qualify were from his first season.

Since the AP Poll began in 1936, Frost is the only Nebraska coach to coach more than two seasons without a win over a ranked opponent.

Is it possible that two things may happen this weekend possible wedding number one and folks need to check out the private flights going out of the airport to an undisclosed location Perhaps TA will have a meeting with a future HC We also should check the private charters out of airplay on Saturday and Sunday bring on Bill O’Brien

GET TICKETS

Back