• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did Finebaum Say Something We Can Agree on?

I doubt it. The B1G has leverage here as they're the best option for ND and everyone knows it. The B1G wants all the sports.

Yup from academics to sports to culture the best fit

They still want their independence but it will come down to if NBC is willing to pay them the astronomical sum They are looking for

As I said in another thread, Notre Dame, who currently gets around 14 Million a year from NBC for their home games only, are trying to get 75 Million for their home games only now in order to stay independent. It comes out to a bit over 10 Million per home game. If NBC is willing to pay Notre Dame that much/enough to allow them to stay independent, more power to them. If not, and they can't get by with their current donor/endowment/other $$, then they will join the B1G or ACC.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, Notre Dame, who currently gets around 14 Million a year from NBC for their home games only, are trying to get 75 Million for their home games only now in order to stay independent. It comes out to a bit over 10 Million per home game. If NBC is willing to pay Notre Dame that much/enough to allow them to stay independent, more power to them. If not, and they can't get by with their current donor/endowment/other $$, then they will join the B1G or ACC.

It sounds crazy ... to go from $14M to $75M is an incredible ask. You're absolutely correct, the answer to that question will lead to what's next.

Suddenly made me think about the Longhorn Network:

During a hearing with Texas lawmakers on Monday, university president Jay Hartzell said he expects the network will wind down as the Longhorns join the SEC:

It sounds crazy ... to go from $14M to $75M is an incredible ask. You're absolutely correct, the answer to that question will lead to what's next.

Suddenly made me think about the Longhorn Network:

Totally agree, 75 million seems wayyyy to much for like 7-8 games a year. But I am hearing that they expect to get that. Maybe it will be more than just NBC, maybe it will be another network or two. All I know is I do not care at all if Notre Dame stays independent or join a conference. Their egos are way bigger than their actual team.

Totally agree, 75 million seems wayyyy to much for like 7-8 games a year. But I am hearing that they expect to get that. Maybe it will be more than just NBC, maybe it will be another network or two. All I know is I do not care at all if Notre Dame stays independent or join a conference. Their egos are way bigger than their actual team.
Notre Dame's ego seems similar to Texas. What kind of damage could ND do as a full member of any conference?

Notre Dame's ego seems similar to Texas. What kind of damage could ND do as a full member of any conference?
Exactly. I sure hope the B1G doesn't kiss their butt the way everyone else does. The "we want our all sports (and your money in return) in your conference but our football will stay independent" BS does not fly with me.

I would think of the old school teams in The BiG having more say do than any of the expansion teams dating back to PsU

PSU could have been the big dog on the porch yet they fit in where they got in

ND USC UCLA will have no more say than anyone else

There has really never been, well tOSU and Mich own the league and they get to dictate what happened

Last edited:
Exactly. I sure hope the B1G doesn't kiss their butt the way everyone else does. The "we want our all sports (and your money in return) in your conference but our football will stay independent" BS does not fly with me.
A super conference has no need to kiss anyones ass as it expands.

Look at the big dogs in the BiG right now. PSU, tOSU, Mich, NU, Iowa, Wisc, USC, UCLA, he’ll Mn, Mich State on down the list

They are going to stand aside a let one school dictate what happens.

It seems the abusive relationship had with Ut still lingers. And we are over protective of this new relationship

In 2023 when the others join You win the BiG you might as well say you won the championship

SEC the same with UT and Oklahoma joining. There may be some growling but each big dog will find there spot on the porch

Agree. But imagine a conference schedule for DONU that looks like this:

USC
UCLA
ND
Michigan
tOSU
Penn State
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa

Yowza

Agree. But imagine a conference schedule for DONU that looks like this:

USC
UCLA
ND
Michigan
tOSU
Penn State
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa

Yowza
I agree, would be great. I am still hearing "Stanford, Cal, Nike U, and Udub to the B1G, give our take a team or two." Of course, ND can join anytime they want and, as you know, it will be when it benefits them 200%. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me if they have already told the B1G, ACC, etc, that they expect more money than any other team in the conference if they join. They demanded their non-football sports teams be accepted by a conference (ACC succumbed to their demands at the moment) but are adamant in thinking their FB team is wayyyy above ANY other FB team. They are that egotistical.

I agree, would be great. I am still hearing "Stanford, Cal, Nike U, and Udub to the B1G, give our take a team or two." Of course, ND can join anytime they want and, as you know, it will be when it benefits them 200%. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me if they have already told the B1G, ACC, etc, that they expect more money than any other team in the conference if they join. They demanded their non-football sports teams be accepted by a conference (ACC succumbed to their demands at the moment) but are adamant in thinking their FB team is wayyyy above ANY other FB team. They are that egotistical.

I think they will add a couple more west coast teams to have a West Coast pod in the B1G

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back