• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Devaney says the talent was there

The question: Why didn't the OP include the link or the rest of the quote that basically said "except against Ohio State"?

Devaney said essentially what *** has been saying. We have the talent to win the West. The BIG? Not so much.

Agenda dually noted tho

The question: Why didn't the OP include the link or the rest of the quote that basically said "except against Ohio State"?

Devaney said essentially what *** has been saying. We have the talent to win the West. The BIG? Not so much.

Agenda dually noted tho
Makes the other 3 losses, 2 that were ugly, look not so good. :eek:

FWIW, I don't expect a team to win EVERY game in which they have superior talent.

Agenda dually noted tho
Makes the other 3 losses, 2 that were ugly, look not so good. :eek:
We have the talent to compete with anyone but Ohio State and Michigan currently. You can handle the overtime loss to Wisky, I can deal with the 62-3 loss to Ohio State (though I don't appreciate it). But if you lose by 30 to a team you consistently out-recruit with players that you have passed on for other recruits, someone needs to get fired. Especially when you fired a coach winning 9 games a year where the AD had to "look at where Iowa was as a program" after he beat them. All that said, I also think we have the talent to figure out how to beat someone in a 1 game championship in Indy, and am thinking we are building a coaching staff to help us there.

I'll take the accountability that seems to be going on now for wins and losses over "we didn't execute" I heard while watching us get rocked on the same play over and over a few different games.

FWIW, I don't expect a team to win EVERY game in which they have superior talent.
Agree, but I also think you can hold guys accountable when the first season you lose to Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue then follow it up the next year with a 30 point loss to a team that the previous coach got fired for beating. There's a happy medium somewhere.

Langsdorf and Cav are on notice.

Last edited:

Devaney is spot-on. We do have enough talent to compete for the North title. We had enough talent to compete for it in 2014 as well.

Ohio State smokes us in overall talent. But teams like Wisconsin and Iowa should not be blowing us out.

I knew someone would post this when I read the article... I think if you look at the Wisconsin game you could say that we did have the talent to win the west. We did lose to Iowa but the conference was already decided and our team was in horrible shape with injuries with our quarterback being at an estimated 40% healthy...or whatever. Please, there are many factors that are involved in a successful season: talent, coaching, chemistry, breaks, injuries... I can't stress enough that we really don't want to just be on a merry-go-round where we fire people without giving them a realistic chance to succeed... but put all of the coaches "on notice" if you want.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back