• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Devaney not conceding an inch to B1G Powers

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member
Here's a good read shedding more light on What Billy Devaney focuses on and what he does. Also, on the front page of Husker Max.

"I don't want to concede anything to those guys," Devaney says. "Three years from now, you may say, 'You idiot, I told you so.' But we're not conceding an inch."

And, in a broader sense, it's also natural to wonder about Devaney's role in the program. For example, you wonder how much input and influence he had in the offseason hire/fire decisions.

"I have zero say in that," he says. "That's one guy (Riley) making that call."

Devaney quickly adds, "Now, does Riles bounce stuff off me and other people in the building? Absolutely. That's part of my job, to give my opinion. But at the end of the day, we're just waiting for Mike to say, 'We're making a change' or 'We're not making a change.' My job is to be prepared for whatever the decision is."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_6ad9cbee-0c05-5ebe-82f7-25e7e226de03.html

This guy is definitely helping get things done. Love his attitude and what he brings to the program. He has a list 5 deep for each assistant coaching position because he is prepared. Great addition that certainly helps give Nebraska an edge.
Good stuff.

I thought the article was great. We are definitely headed in the right direction.
upload_2017-2-19_7-44-24.jpeg

He says the same thing I keep saying. Start winning some games, see what recruits start coming here. Haven't won really anything of value since 1999. That's why NU struggles in recruiting. Win some meaningful games, the location factor shrinks, drastically.

Great article. How anyone can't be excited about the direction the program is headed is beyond me.

Absolutely this! Devaney's positivity, confidence and belief is exciting. I think those traits are a common thread amongst this staff and program.

It's unfortunate that many need to "see it to believe it". I subscribe to the philosophy that you actually need to "believe it to see it."

I feel our current staff truly believe... as do I!! GBR!!!

Last edited:
Absolutely this! Devaney's positivity, confidence and belief is exciting. I think those traits are a common thread amongst this staff and program.

It's unfortunate that many need to "see it to believe it". I subscribe to the philosophy the you actually need to "believe it to see it."

I feel our current staff truly believe... as do I!! GBR!!!

Great point.

It's a characteristic of strong and effective leaders that they attract and empower good people who can expand the capability of the team, even when those people have skills that rival or exceed the leader's in some way or ways. It doesn't guarantee success - there are lots of different things that go into that; but it's a very powerful asset.

Last edited:

Good post. Was just going to post same. Also I hope Paramus reads this as he posted about 100 posts saying Devaney is telling Riley what to do. This article clears this up completely.GBR!!!

That whole "Riley is lying and Devaney hired Diaco" shtick is sure taking a beating.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back