• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Despite The De-Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
I can't help but really like how this class has shaped up. It will undoubtedly improve with a couple late additions (i.e. Mauro Bondi, Todd Peat, and/or Joseph Carter).

We've addressed a couple of key areas, especially offensive linemen and running back. That, and the athletes we've added at the quarterback position (regardless of whether Starling stays on board).

Take a quick look at Offensive Line:
-Ryan Reeves
-Tyler Moore
-Zach Sterup
-Ryan Klachko
-Givens Price

Hell of a group, to say the least. A lot of upside in the group, and I particularly like Givens Price personally. Young, smart guy who will undoubtedly benefit from the S&C program as he learns the system.

Beyond OL, there's an undeniable amount of athleticism in this class. Aaron Green, Jamal Turner, Bubba Starling (I know, I know), Charles Jackson, and late addition Ameer Abdullah. Aaron Green is expected to make an impact early, whether it be as a true or redshirt freshman. Jamal Turner was dynamic as a high school quarterback, but could easily end up elsewhere just to get him on the field. As I said--undeniable amount of athleticism.

With even one or two late additions, we'll be addressing a lot of needs.

Regardless, this has definitely been one hell of a season and I'm looking forward to wrapping this class up.

Go Big Red.

I agree 100% but I am not sold on the o-line coach. Our line has continuously underachieved since he has been here.

I agree 100% but I am not sold on the o-line coach. Our line has continuously underachieved since he has been here.

I'm afraid I haven't been an in-depth fan long enoug to be overly familiar with our coaches, and what they have or have not done. But with the talent coming in--I'll definitely be paying attention.

+1
If we listen to the coaches, we will see that we shored up some needs (hopefully at K too) and we will have some of the tools that we need to get rolling in the big 10. Come on signing day!!!!

I'm afraid I haven't been an in-depth fan long enoug to be overly familiar with our coaches, and what they have or have not done. But with the talent coming in--I'll definitely be paying attention.

Where have you been?????? :confused: Under a rock? :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Where have you been??????

Exactly! Look at our o-lines performance the last two years in particular. HORRIBLE! And I firmly believe it's not because a lack of talent. Its coaching in my mind. People want to blame Cody and Taylor for last years mishaps, but the one moment that may stick out in my mind is one single UW d-lineman laying out 4 NU o-lineman on one play. Inexcusable on all levels!

I'm 19! :lol: I've only been closely following the Huskers for a little while. And the coaches definitely hadn't caught my eye yet.

Oh, but I bet you could give a good scouting report on the freshmen class! And I dont mean the football players either!:rolfl:

Exactly! Look at our o-lines performance the last two years in particular. HORRIBLE! And I firmly believe it's not because a lack of talent. Its coaching in my mind. People want to blame Cody and Taylor for last years mishaps, but the one moment that may stick out in my mind is one single UW d-lineman laying out 4 NU o-lineman on one play. Inexcusable on all levels!

I agree with your comments and respect your knowledge. How do you think the huskers will perform next year (2011) and do you think Brion Carnes will be a factor? I'm hoping he is the answer at QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back