• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Desmond Bland to visit FSU

But I have to wonder why a lineman wouldn’t want to play in an offense like this. Seems like a great system for an offensive lineman to showcase himself.

Agree. I know relationships are paramount but there aren't a lot of warm fuzzies in Tallahassee right now. Another season like this for FSU and there's no guarantees that staff will be back for a third year. Even if Taggart gets a third year, I would just about count on staff turnover there.

I hope he sticks with NU. Compared to FSU, I think we are the superior choice on just about every level except winter weather.

Last edited:

Agree. I know relationships are paramount but there aren't a lot of warm fuzzies in Tallahassee right now. Another season like this for FSU and there's no guarantees that staff will be back for a third year. Even if Taggart gets a third year, I would just about count on staff turnover there.

I hope he sticks with NU. Compared to FSU, I think we are the superior choice on just about every level except winter weather.
I'm not around my computer now, and I meant to post it earlier and just forgot. Anyway, I saw a tweet from Bland that said he was from the midwest so the winter weather wouldn't bother him.

Let's not forget that he'll get to block for Adrian Martinez.

I'm not around my computer now, and I meant to post it earlier and just forgot. Anyway, I saw a tweet from Bland that said he was from the midwest so the winter weather wouldn't bother him.

Let's not forget that he'll get to block for Adrian Martinez.

If a player has inspirations of playing in the NFL, they need to get used to the idea that they're going to play in cold weather.

giphy.gif
:Rolf::Rolf:

I brought it up a month ago how hard Florida State was starting to recruit Bland. Surprised they only now offered. Their o-line is crap.
Don't think Taggert realized the mess he walked into at a lot of spots. Thought the talent on paper was good enough.

But there is this
Brian Brokop, Matt Finnin, Ryan Klatchko and i think a few more but Farmer makes up for all of them. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Who said it makes up for them? I just made the point that there have been successful OL from Illinois. If you went through every state you could find good and bad players. Yes recently we have not had a great track record from there. Is that because of where they are from? Or maybe our recent coaches were not good at developing OL. Remember Farmer was not so great last year. Many people thought he was a failure. New coaches, new attitude, better player.

Here it is...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back