• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Derrion Grim leaving Update: offered a few thoughts on his departure to newspaper in Stockton, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that maybe Spielman's efforts may have exacerbated the "homesickness."

Honestly no clue what played into it. Pretty darn good WR class coming in for 2017 so we should be fine. Lot of opportunity to play early.

Last edited:

What exactly do you mean/ how exactly does that work? Because Grim has been here since January meaning he has already completed a semester of classes at UNL.

I hadn't followed him, so didn't realize he has been here since Jan.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean/ how exactly does that work? Because Grim has been here since January meaning he has already completed a semester of classes at UNL.

He will have to sit this year where ever he goes if he chooses to leave. In effect a RS year. I would think he would have to go the JUCO route because finding another school at the 1A level now would be next to impossible to be enrolled as is is required before school starts (clearance etc.).

Last edited:

He will have sit this year where ever he goes if chooses to leave. In effect a RS year. I would think he would have to go the JUCO route because finding another school at the 1A level now would be next to impossible to be enrolled as is is required before school starts (clearance etc.).

Ok figured. Saw the comment so was wondering what was meant as it pertains to the bolded with his eligibility.

Good luck to him I suppose if he leaves. No lie though irks me a little that he has been here 7 months and decides to leave a week before the season starts. Could have contributed this year and talk about a bunch of wasted reps and coaching that could have been spent on someone else.

But whatever, if his heart isn't in Lincoln then so be it.

Just my opinion but I think his decision has more to do with being homesick...

Last edited:
Ok figured. Saw the comment so was wondering what was meant as it pertains to the bolded with his eligibility.

He can play at JUCO this year or 1AA if he can get in which would be tough like 1A.

Community College he could pretty much get in tomorrow.

Interesting, to say the least. I wonder if the suspension of the coach has anything to do with this?

Good luck to him I suppose if he leaves. No lie though irks me a little that he has been here 7 months and decides to leave a week before the season starts. Could have contributed this year and talk about a bunch of wasted reps and coaching that could have been spent on someone else.

But whatever, if his heart isn't in Lincoln then so be it.
Could be a personal reason that is legitimate that we are unaware of. However, being that the coaches are trying to talk him out of it more than likely not.

He can play at JUCO this year or 1AA if he can get in which would be tough like 1A.

Community College he could pretty much get in tomorrow.

Yep. I'm aware of the normal transfer rules... just saw Mybraska's comments and read it as he would be eligible immediately so was wondering if there was some weird loop hole I was not aware.

Yep. I'm aware of the normal transfer rules... just saw Mybraska's comments and read it as he would be eligible immediately so was wondering if there was some weird loop hole I was not aware.
Not that I know of. I knew you were aware just explaining it for those who may not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back