• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dempsey to Spurs (Photo with Spurs shirt)

Wow what a jerk....and an Aresnal fan....

Piers Morgan ‏<s>@</s>piersmorgan Would serve Dempsey right if nobody buys him. Arrogant twerp.

Looks like the fee has been agreed and he is under going a medical....pretty much a done deal....

Liverpool fans are torked big time....sold a few players and brought nobody new in....

This is the best move Clint could have had....and the compeititon at Spurs will only help him....

Spurs spent big time today...I would be shocked if they do not end up a Top 4 team in the BPL this season....

Last edited:
Ives Galarcep ‏<s>@</s>SoccerByIves IF final tally winds up Bradley/Roma, Dempsey/Spurs, Onyewu/Malaga, Edu+Cameron/Stoke, Bocanegra/Santander, that's a GREAT window 4 USMNT

Thanks for keeping up with this, RR. Glad Dempsey will be on the field soon, and with a club that has the potential to qualify for the CL.

As far as Piers Morgan's comment, I'd be shocked if he would say the same thing about a British player. Turd.

This turned out to be a great move for Clint....Spurs was in the CL last year....Europa League this year....they should be a Top 4 team this season...they are loaded with great players....

Liverpool is a mess as I have been saying for a while...

Yeah what a butthead...that comment is going to hurt him....

Thanks for keeping up with this, RR. Glad Dempsey will be on the field soon, and with a club that has the potential to qualify for the CL.

As far as Piers Morgan's comment, I'd be shocked if he would say the same thing about a British player. Turd.

Spurs move up in my book now, with two Americans! It'll be tough rooting for them, as they stand as stiff competition with Chelsea, but it'll be nice to have two Americans playing for one of the top teams in the EPL.

My only fear with Dempsey going to Spurs is that AVB will feel pressure to play Defoe and Adebayor over Dempsey one a regular basis. I can only imagine what Spurs fans would do if Dempsey starts getting playing time over one of those two, and the team stalls a little bit. But, I hope I'm just being pessimistic.

Fridel at 41 will be gone after this season....they just signed France's #1 keeper today....

They have a really good and highly thought of young coach....only 35....from Portugal....

You don't win pl;aying the wrong guys and dont' keep your job....

Neither of those guys have been consistent players...

I think you are....Dempsey has won coaches and fans over where ever he goes....

Spurs move up in my book now, with two Americans! It'll be tough rooting for them, as they stand as stiff competition with Chelsea, but it'll be nice to have two Americans playing for one of the top teams in the EPL.

My only fear with Dempsey going to Spurs is that AVB will feel pressure to play Defoe and Adebayor over Dempsey one a regular basis. I can only imagine what Spurs fans would do if Dempsey starts getting playing time over one of those two, and the team stalls a little bit. But, I hope I'm just being pessimistic.

Finally a resolution! Very happy for Deuce... It appears the Spurs came outta nowhere on this deal, but hopefully its a good fit for him when all is said and done and he has much success @ White Hart.

That is usually how transfer deadline deals happen..:)

Finally a resolution! Very happy for Deuce... It appears the Spurs came outta nowhere on this deal, but hopefully its a good fit for him when all is said and done and he has much success @ White Hart.

This turned out to be a great move for Clint....Spurs was in the CL last year....Europa League this year....they should be a Top 4 team this season...they are loaded with great players....

Liverpool is a mess as I have been saying for a while...

Yeah what a butthead...that comment is going to hurt him....

As you say, Tottenham is in Europa this season...as is Liverpool. I was actually just reading the draw results for group stages of Europa (held today) and Champions League (held yesterday).

We tend to watch some Liverpool because my daughters coach is from England and a fan of the team. They get Udinese (Italy), Young Boys (Swiss), and a Russian club from pot 4.

Tottenham drew Panathinaikos (Greece), Lazio (Italy), and Maribor (Slovenia).

Quite a lot of American players in the Europa league as compared to the Champions league. Ives has a story on that:
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_...ts-several-americans-against-one-another.html

dempsey730a.jpg

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/dempsey-deal-agreed-31082012.page?

Great ending to the saga. I expect to see lots of success from Clint with Spurs. He's one of the best right now and he's got a great stage on which to show it!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back