• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Delaney Stance on +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedOhio

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Have to admit, Delaney's stance against the +1 is foolish and bad PR. Honestly, I think it takes away some of his credibility. No one in their right mind, on the side of fairness and justice, could be against college football making a changes. A +1 is all we can hope for, and Delaney is against it. Seems shortsided and flat out ignorant if you ask me. I'll take him over Bebee any day, but this does make me question his motives and grasp of college football.

Delaney is part of the PROBLEM not the solution. He's the biggest part. I really hate the Big 10.

Who would you want to see Alabama shut out in an additional game? Ugh.

Who would you want to see Alabama shut out in an additional game? Ugh.

Have to agree here.....I thought LSU would at least beat Okie lite, but man Alabama may have made that game Uuuuglllleeeee. Had Alabama won with a last second field goal my opinion might be different.

Have to agree here.....I thought LSU would at least beat Okie lite, but man Alabama may have made that game Uuuuglllleeeee. Had Alabama won with a last second field goal my opinion might be different.

Alabama - Okie St would have been no more ugly than the game last night. Alabama- Stanford may have been even a better matchup.

Last edited:
I stated this in another thread, but my proposal for a Plus-1 goes like this:

The Rose pits the champs of the Pac and B1G, while the Sugar takes the champs from the ACC and SEC. Winners play in the national title. Since super conferences are likely coming anyway, schools like Oklahoma State will get gobbled up once the Big 12 and Big East implode. The Orange and Fiesta can host some Notre Dame game for all I care.

Delaney isn't considering anything other than the revenue stream to his conference. 6-10 teams in bowls with 3-5 million in revenue sounds better than a potential playoff system where you have to win to get paid. I'm sure he feels that the "plus" system would eventually be a hit and eliminate the bowl revenue windfall.

All the complaints about rematches and the head to head record must REALLY hate playoffs.

The postseason as it stands is just fine. If any changes are made, it should be to go back to the old bowl system, pre-BCS.

Hope he tells the NCAA they can move forward only without the B1G

All the complaints about rematches and the head to head record must REALLY hate playoffs.

The postseason as it stands is just fine. If any changes are made, it should be to go back to the old bowl system, pre-BCS.

It's not necessarily about rematches. In D1a there just isn't enough inter-conference play to say that ONE game between LSU and Oregon is enough to determine that the SEC is so entirely dominant over everyone else that everyone else should be eliminated. You are talking about a very small sample. Let's settle it on the field rather than with perceptions based on very limited intersectional play.

who in anyone minds would have beat BAMA last night?

I can not think of a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back