• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Defensive Coordinator

In the big twelve, the 3-3-5 or 3 man front worked more often than not with all their spread teams.
Using a 4 man front more in the Big is the right move.
You can make the 3-4 look like a 5-2. I understand having a base D, but you have to be flexible in this day and age.

I was intrigued by the D we ran against Wisconsin. Looked liked a 5-3 for a bunch of plays / situations.

You can make the 3-4 look like a 5-2. I understand having a base D, but you have to be flexible in this day and age.

I was intrigued by the D we ran against Wisconsin. Looked liked a 5-3 for a bunch of plays / situations.
The 3-4 is perfectly fine for defending the run as is the 4-3. I like the 3-4 better as it typically puts faster athletes on the field and recruiting 3 monster DL is easier than recruiting 4. LB's are easier to find IMO.

I am hearing a rumor about Jim Leonard coming as DC

Last edited:
Because he's coaching them through the bowl game. If he was going to Nebraska or some other college job he would be gone from Wisky and heading to his new job. I would love for it to be him but I can't imagine Rhule hiring him and then saying, yeah go ahead and coach the bowl game. He's not Bill Moos.
Then again, maybe he cares about the players. He's been with the seniors their entire time there, maybe he's dedicated to them and wants to be with them to the end, then move on. We always want coaches that care about the players or care about being here and not jumping ship, I'd think this is what we want in a coach. But then I may be way off and him staying with the team through the bowl doesn't mean anything.

Then again, maybe he cares about the players. He's been with the seniors their entire time there, maybe he's dedicated to them and wants to be with them to the end, then move on. We always want coaches that care about the players or care about being here and not jumping ship, I'd think this is what we want in a coach. But then I may be way off and him staying with the team through the bowl doesn't mean anything.
I think you're right

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back