• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DE Jailen Weaver is N

Tuioti now on the board officially (plus perhsps a silent commit)! Maybe Buckley and Savea to close out the D-Line class?

Good to see Coach T get a win on the recruiting trail. His boys played well against OSU last week. If he can recruit well, as we expected he would when he was hired, I think

He's a home run hire if he can recruit to Nebraska as well as his reputation at Cal and Michigan suggested he could. He's a really good teacher and position coach. But recruiting is huge. If he can't consistently add guys he's not a keeper. He struggled in his first year at Nebraska, and getting your first (of a possible three) commitment six weeks before signing day isn't a habit you want to make. Remember, he was primarily responsible for just one DL last year (although a big assist goes to Sean Beckton) with Marquis Black, and he also didn't commit until mid-October.

If he can close with Tiaoalii Savea and Josh Simmons, that would go a long way towards easing some concerns.

He's a home run hire if he can recruit to Nebraska as well as his reputation at Cal and Michigan suggested he could. He's a really good teacher and position coach. But recruiting is huge. If he can't consistently add guys he's not a keeper. He struggled in his first year at Nebraska, and getting your first (of a possible three) commitment six weeks before signing day isn't a habit you want to make. Remember, he was primarily responsible for just one DL last year (although a big assist goes to Sean Beckton) with Marquis Black, and he also didn't commit until mid-October.

If he can close with Tiaoalii Savea and Josh Simmons, that would go a long way towards easing some concerns.
Yep. He needs a solid class. Savea will be N. What do you think the odds are with Simmons?

That is the biggest fast guy I have seen in a while...or maybe the fastest big guy.

Saw the video of him running a leg of the 4X100. It was one of those where you asked "Why is a college kid running against those junior high kids?"

Just the fact that he is willing to do that says a lot about him. That is one big, long, lean guy with great top end speed. And also, another kid that I think we'll really enjoy having on the team as his character was spoken of so highly.

They are serious about their measurables at some of these positions and they have clear plans in mind with it. They don't kid around about their desire to have big, tall, long, guys. And they also seem very content to get guys who will mature int he weight room and play even bigger when they are older.

I doubt we see a youth movement, though. They want to get older and stay old, as they have said and this looks like a great candidate to do so!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back