• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Davison helping to pick OC

People don't remember history.

Clearly the comment by Sipple means Matt Davidson will actually be the next offensive coordinator, just like the time GW Bush had Dick Cheney out looking for VP candidates.
1637266206921.png

I love how folks are all up in arms and can't grasp this aspect. Frost is a touch busy right now... Matt can filter out based on the parameters Scott (and likely Trev) set forth.

This is not some giant... OMG Matt Davidson is going to pick the OC... we really need a win to talk about SOON.
Yeah...this is a total nothingburger.

If a HC making 5 million a year (oh yea minus 1) can't figure out the best assistants to hire now he should be fired imo. Nothing wrong with Frost getting some input from MD or TA but the decision should be his alone. Just remember a camel is horse designed by a committee.

I'm not going to criticize anyone Frost hires because he's got to live with the decision.

This program has hired enough coaches and coordinators that we all know the dance that is involved so all parties have plausible deniability that they were contacted or expressed interest or offered or were offered — and that involves a multitude of go betweens. Given that Frost hopefully is still coaching and preparing for Wisconsin, I am sure there is a great deal that Davidson could do.

I love how folks are all up in arms and can't grasp this aspect. Frost is a touch busy right now... Matt can filter out based on the parameters Scott (and likely Trev) set forth.

This is not some giant... OMG Matt Davidson is going to pick the OC... we really need a win to talk about SOON.
We do need a win to talk about soon.
Unfortunately it is likely 10 or 11 months out.

If a HC making 5 million a year (oh yea minus 1) can't figure out the best assistants to hire now he should be fired imo. Nothing wrong with Frost getting some input from MD or TA but the decision should be his alone. Just remember a camel is horse designed by a committee.

I'm not going to criticize anyone Frost hires because he's got to live with the decision.
You lost me on SF being competent. He has hired six offensive assistants and now has fired five of them. So he is 1 for 6 and SF is supposedly an offensive guru

Why should anyone trust his judgment to a janitor?

While many don't care and in some ways I don't either as I prefer SF to go away but his only chance to be successful is to have a home run OC hire.

Yes, Matt appears to have a fairly large influence in the next OC choice.
And what leads you to conclude the amount of influence Matt has? That he is helping doesn't necessitate him having any influence. It may well be that with the reportedly large amount of interest in the position requires someone to gather names and stage their conversations with Frost. Suggesting what you have without any substantiation leads to further statements such as "Saban having a fund raiser tell him whom to hire."
It isnt an issue to meaningfully assess a coach's abilities. But if assessment is built on hooey....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back