• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dangerous in 2019

These are some things to look at when thinking about progress.
  1. Violent solid tackling.  Can technique and skill development occur fast enough in year 1? Probably not completely.
  2. Winning the turnover battle 2-1 ratio New QB, new offensive system ... kind of wishful thinking.
  3. Constant QB pressure (on opponent) Who is going to pressure QB? Very few new players in the defensive rotation this year (Honas and Dixon). Is either going to make a markedly significant difference?
  4. Excellent QB play (for NU) New QB. Likely a true freshman QB. A kid who hasn't payed in 2 years.
  5. Depth development 
  6. Winning the line of scrimmage late in the game 2-deep depth chart is someone who played last year. Is less than one year of development and coaching going to make that big of a difference?
  7. Replacing struggling players with effective (and well prepared) ones Do we have the depth to do that?
  8. In-game adjustments, fix things that are broke and continue things that are working 
  9. Applying speed. Turning some 3 yard gains into 10 yard gains and 15 yard gains into TDs 
  10. Using the dagger in the 2nd quarter, instead of settling into an NFL style game management program 

A lone voice of reason in the wilderness. :)

It must be a mid-term election year. Every time one rolls around this millenium, most Nebraskans mistake the new guy arriving on campus as the second coming of the savior (only to see him brutally crucified in short order).

Last edited:

It must be a mid-term election year. Every time one rolls around this millenium, most Nebraskans mistake the new guy arriving on campus as the second coming of the savior (only to see him brutally crucified in short order).
I'll have 2 eggs over easy, hash browns -loaded..and a cofee
thanks

Last edited:

images.jpg

Nebraska won 4 games last season in spite of those that shall not be named. Anyone who is expecting a 5 or 6 win season is going to be in for a surprise.

Nebraska won 4 games last season in spite of those that shall not be named. Anyone who is expecting a 5 or 6 win season is going to be in for a surprise.
A lot of people will be pleasantly surprised with 10 wins.

Depending on how fast guys pick everything up, they could be dangerous by the end of this year.

I think Frost's biggest challenge this year is showing these guys how to handle adversity. When Wisconsin scores on back to back 10+ play drives, they can't just pack it in and call it a day. When Ohio st scores some quick highlight reel TDs, our attitude cant be "well, here we go again".

The first time this team gets punched in the mouth and Frost navigates them through it and comes out on top, you will see this team buy in all the way. Once that mutual trust has been earned, thats when NU will be dangerous.

The bolded I think, more than anything, would result in a big turnaround. We haven't been good in turnover margin since 2003 or 2009.

It was the achilles under BP. there was simply no value placed on ball security.
Nor, it seems to me, on forcing turnovers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back