• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Damian Jackson ESPN interview

Ok - need some technical troubleshooting here. I pasted in the link that should run the interview...here's the headline.

Damian Jackson's improbable road from Navy Seal to college football​

The remarkable story of how Damian Jackson went from life as a Navy Seal to walking on at Nebraska.

If you didn't happen to catch this on ESPN yesterday morning.

Great piece.

I don't think people who haven't played the game understand how completely insane it is for Jackson to have done what he's done.

What a great story and I hope he gets more PT next year and continues to improve as a football player. He's already got being a grown assed man figured out.

failure is not an option for this man.... if you could bottle and sell the resilience and grit this guy has ???? well, we all know what that would bring to any team, community, organization..... dude is a monster, in the very best sense of the word.

Great piece.

I don't think people who haven't played the game understand how completely insane it is for Jackson to have done what he's done.

What a great story and I hope he gets more PT next year and continues to improve as a football player. He's already got being a grown assed man figured out.
Saw that Saturday morning on ESPN … got me choked up a bit.

Not insane for SEALS … saw those guys (SEALS) at Airborne School in ‘84. They were gluttons for punishment — Blackhats didn’t mess with them.

Connecting the dots on Damians reference to Charlie and other online sources, I suspect Damian was part of a QRF that ‘Charlie’ was leading. Got into a firefight with ~125 ISIS — ‘Charlie’ was KIA … as were about 60 of the enemy.

I’m glad for him that he will be back. GBR!

Damian is the heart of soul of what Husker football is about. I put him in the same category as guys like Burkhead or Berringer. Maybe not the most talented athlete on the field in terms of football, but they possess a sheer force of will and determination that can't be beat... won't be beat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back