• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dabo Swinney

Sooooooo Glad that Clemson won for no other reason that it may, MAY, quiet down the talk of Alabama being all Universe and Undefeatable

"It's for the Sammy Watkins...for the Tajh Boyds. You started this foundation and we built on it. 35 years in the making and we are bringing the championship home to Clemson. We are back on top."

I paraphrased, but that was the defensive player or the game's speech. That's such a rare and refreshing approach. They truly built the program up, and they believe.

We need that.

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it here. We will make an aggressive run at him for our head coach when the job opens.

A great coach and an even better guy. Reminds me of T.O. in a way, but a bit more outspoken. I have zero issues seeing him win a National Championship.

Hopefully Mike Riley gets his day.

And Auck Falabama.

Note: It took Dabo 8 years.

Never

Remember when Bo > Dabo (at least for one day in early 2009) in a battle of first-year head coaches? I never would have guessed back then that Dabo would have the much better career and play for two FBS championships. Congrats to Dabo and Clemson.

Not so much Dabo; how about Salina KS native Brent Venables?? Coach Bob Stoops should never have played the "family card" and kept Venables.

Swinney was close to being fired after a 6-7 mark in his 2nd year. In fact, after the season when he was called to the AD's office he thought he had been fired. They stuck with him and see what happened. I'll say this now and I'm sure I'll say it again: A coach needs 4 to 5 years to establish a program, that has never changed. But in our IPhone7...microwave...bluetooth world, we all have very little patience.

Remember when Bo > Dabo (at least for one day in early 2009) in a battle of first-year head coaches? I never would have guessed back then that Dabo would have the much better career and play for two FBS championships. Congrats to Dabo and Clemson.
DIfferent mentality, different recruiting base, much easier to recruit to Clemson. In the end Dabo is a better coach than BP

And no Sweeney is never coming to coach at Nebraska. I would expect Alabama to go after him when Sabin retires

Did you guys see Dabo have to be pulled back off the field in the middle of a play coming his direction? Could have cost his team big time. What about how he was dressing down a ref over a PI no-call and swinging his hat around? Or the other time he had to be restrained by the officials because he felt Alabama was offside on their onside kick?

There is no way our fan base would put up with that nonsense.

Dabo lost me the day I heard him say that there was too much entitlement today and if they started paying college football players he would find something else to do. It's okay for him to make millions a year coaching college players but he doesn't think the players themselves should make a dime. He can go fly a kite in my book.

With that said I do like him better than Meyer, Saban, Bielema, Jimbo Fisher, Kiffin, Petrino, etc.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back