• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked D-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_in_Blue_Land

Oh my!
10 Year Member
I have seen a lot of talk about the O-line and the offense, how good does Martinez do this year, but I am wondering a bit more about the D-Line. There is a lot of talent this year as there was last year, understanding that the D-Line lost Crick, I didn't think that the D-line (Crickless) lived up to the talent level that they had last year. Does Meredith, Steinkuhler and Ankrah step up and move the D-Line in a positive direction? They are going to need to without a heat-seeking missle in the backfield like David running around.

I have seen a lot of talk about the O-line and the offense, how good does Martinez do this year, but I am wondering a bit more about the D-Line. There is a lot of talent this year as there was last year, understanding that the D-Line lost Crick, I didn't think that the D-line (Crickless) lived up to the talent level that they had last year. Does Meredith, Steinkuhler and Ankrah step up and move the D-Line in a positive direction? They are going to need to without a heat-seeking missle in the backfield like David running around.

Great question. IMO, Steinkuhler would have broken out last year had Crick not been injured. Hopefully, he will be able to do so this year but the entire DL was unimpressive last year despite considerable experience...so who knows? Are they underperforming and ready to break out, or, are they mediocre? Hard to say, but the optimist in me says that Steinkuhler will have a good year and carry this unit. They should be a bit better that last year.

Last edited:
Great question. IMO, Steinkuhler would have broken out last year had Crick not been injured. Hopefully, he will be able to do so this year but the entire DL was unimpressive last year despite considerable experience...so who knows? Are they underperforming and ready to break out, or, are they mediocre? Hard to say, but the optimist in me says that Steinkuhler will have a good year and carry this unit. They should be a bit better that last year.

Steinkuhler will be much better than last year and needs a little help from Rome, but I actually Ankrah will have a break-out year this year. Meredith will be consistent this year and I am hoping with a little chip on his shoulder to go out strong. This unit does not have the luxury of having David behind and I am hoping that is in the back of their heads to inspire them a bit more.

I believe EVERYTHING I've read about Coach Kaz. I expect the D-Line will be well coached , play hard, and improve game by game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back