• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CWS news 3.16.21***May10 update***

My wife postulated that will limit the attendance straight out because "no one wants those tan lines". After years of being baked to a crisp, I conceded that she may not be wrong.
Well, some of those fans tip the scales to TILT and cannot handle breathing behind a mask. I think it will effect attendance as well. Hopefully tailgating is 100%.

CWS season ticket holders given options today May 10:

- reduce ticket allocation by 50% and get all games
-keep all tickets but get tix for every other game
-return all tix for 2021 but will still retain in 2022

Last edited:
CWS season ticket holders given options today May 10:

- reduce ticket allocation by 50% and get all games
-keep all tickets but get tix for every other game
-return all tix for 2021 but will still retain in 2022
We haven't decided what to do yet, but are leaning towards the full ticket, half the games options. We don't live in Omaha, so I'm not crazy about not getting to pick the games, but not a bad option, considering the circumstances.

We haven't decided what to do yet, but are leaning towards the full ticket, half the games options. We don't live in Omaha, so I'm not crazy about not getting to pick the games, but not a bad option, considering the circumstances.
I want all games so we took Option 1. I know a few people who turned in their tix for this year—-they just didn’t want to hassle with it.

I want all games so we took Option 1. I know a few people who turned in their tix for this year—-they just didn’t want to hassle with it.
After doing some more thinking about it, we're in limbo. Cutting our ticket allotment for all the games is going to be a big hassle for the people we have and with Option 2, we may end up with days we can't attend, another hassle. I'm a little surprised, with all the out-of-state season ticket holders, that there wasn't an attempt to to put some specific packages together or maybe a preference ranking. It's not terrible, at the least the option is there to kick the can down the road to 2022. I guess we better figure it out pretty quick, though.

After doing some more thinking about it, we're in limbo. Cutting our ticket allotment for all the games is going to be a big hassle for the people we have and with Option 2, we may end up with days we can't attend, another hassle. I'm a little surprised, with all the out-of-state season ticket holders, that there wasn't an attempt to to put some specific packages together or maybe a preference ranking. It's not terrible, at the least the option is there to kick the can down the road to 2022. I guess we better figure it out pretty quick, though.
How many tix do you have? I wonder if they will sell any reserved at all? I would think there would be some but maybe not.

How many tix do you have? I wonder if they will sell any reserved at all? I would think there would be some but maybe not.
We have four. We want to go to the games with our kids, but with only two seats, that won't happen. We talked about maybe trying to sell our two to some games and purchase three or four together in the ticket exchange in another location in the stadium. No idea how that might work this year.

How strict do you think it will be as far as sitting in different seats? If we could use our two and pick up one or two others for a few games, that would be fine, but not being able to sit together would defeat the purpose.

Lots of unknowns, which surprises me. I thought they'd have a ton of contingency plans based on whatever restrictions might be in place, but this still feels like they're trying casting a wide net and will nail down more specifics later with Option 2. Option 1 is pretty firm, unless . . . a ton of people just decide to skip 2021 because of the uncertainty and inconvenience. Does that open it back up?

We have four. We want to go to the games with our kids, but with only two seats, that won't happen. We talked about maybe trying to sell our two to some games and purchase three or four together in the ticket exchange in another location in the stadium. No idea how that might work this year.

How strict do you think it will be as far as sitting in different seats? If we could use our two and pick up one or two others for a few games, that would be fine, but not being able to sit together would defeat the purpose.

Lots of unknowns, which surprises me. I thought they'd have a ton of contingency plans based on whatever restrictions might be in place, but this still feels like they're trying casting a wide net and will nail down more specifics later with Option 2. Option 1 is pretty firm, unless . . . a ton of people just decide to skip 2021 because of the uncertainty and inconvenience. Does that open it back up?
I don’t think it will be that strict, honestly. Once the set tix are allocated, they won’t know if you have 4 seats or 2. I think there will be people who don’t go because of the hassle, uncertainty. Many won’t want to wear masks in that heat. I do think the secondary market will be hot—so you can sell what u don’t use or pick up another 2 at the box office or from others selling down there. It’s always crazy opening weekend and then it settles down.

I cannot wait. I was gutted by losing this in 2020. We throw a huge tailgate every day too...hoping they don’t get stupid about that either.

I don’t think it will be that strict, honestly. Once the set tix are allocated, they won’t know if you have 4 seats or 2. I think there will be people who don’t go because of the hassle, uncertainty. Many won’t want to wear masks in that heat. I do think the secondary market will be hot—so you can sell what u don’t use or pick up another 2 at the box office or from others selling down there. It’s always crazy opening weekend and then it settles down.

I cannot wait. I was gutted by losing this in 2020. We throw a huge tailgate every day too...hoping they don’t get stupid about that either.
You're probably right. We're probably going to take the half-share to every game, like you did, but are letting it roll around for a day. We decided Option 2 wasn't reasonable, not knowing what games we'd get.

Where's the tailgate? Maybe I can swing by and say hello one day.

You're probably right. We're probably going to take the half-share to every game, like you did, but are letting it roll around for a day. We decided Option 2 wasn't reasonable, not knowing what games we'd get.

Where's the tailgate? Maybe I can swing by and say hello one day.
We are in the back of Lot D---which is rumored to be losing lots of spaces when they build that new hotel over there. But I will take it as long as we can!

Looking at some of the brackatology, only the Big10 conference champ will get into the tournament

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back