• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CWS Finals Virginia v. Vanderbilt Game #3

Update: Virginia as the visiting team, is up 4 - 2 with 2 outs and 1 on in the bottom of the 8th.

Vandy hitter, swings and misses for a strike out, catcher drops ball but throws him out at first, heading to the 9th.

Last edited:

3 up 3 down for Virginia in the top 9.

Vandy up with 3 outs to tie or win.

1st batter down on a swinging strike.

Virginia comes back from being down 1 game to 0 and wins the final two games to grab their first ever CWS Championship. They were down 2 runs to nothing in this third and deciding game early on, but gutted out a gritty victory to grab the trophy. CONGRATS VIRGINIA!!!!!:cheers:

Final Score: Vanderbilt - 2
Virginia - 4

I hope to be typing this about Nebraska in a few short years.........:huskerflag:

Last edited:

I was actually rooting for Vandy to win back to back, but alas, a very good Virginia team played two spectacular games in a row to win this year. This was a great series this year.

Good. Another national championship that the $EC didn't win. That's all three major men's sports this year....football, basketball and baseball.

:broom:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back