• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CWS Cal State Fullerton v. Vanderbilt

Peterson says, CSF wins, if the game were not postponed. Hmm! How does he know?

YOU NEVER KNOW!

Mom sure is ecstatic! :)

I didn't get to see the resumption of the game today, but I'm inclined to agree with him. If it wasn't suspended, CSF has the momentum and Vandy had no answer for Eshelman. Eshelman was going to go beyond 5.2 innings and then you're not asking Peitzmeier to save 3 innings. Though break for CSF and hate to see a game influenced by a postponement in the CWS.

Last edited:

I didn't get to see the resumption of the game today, but I'm inclined to agree with him. If it wasn't suspended, CSF has the momentum and Vandy had no answer for Eshelman. Eshelman was going to go beyond 5.2 innings and then you're not asking Peitzmeier to save 3 innings. Though break for CSF and hate to see a game influenced by a postponement in the CWS.

If so, but you never know. Sadly, the gods of the clouds crapped on csf. :wave: bye bye, Titans

Today, in the 9th, Vandy managed to put 2 on, after struggling all day at the plate. Who is to say, he is relieved in the 9th, and the same reliever comes in and gives them a 3-run hr, in the earlier game, yesterday?

One never knows.

Today, in the 9th, Vandy managed to put 2 on, after struggling all day at the plate. Who is to say, he is relieved in the 9th, and the same reliever comes in and gives them a 3-run hr, in the earlier game, yesterday?

One never knows.

I don't disagree with what you say. However, the Vandy coach used the rain delay to convince his players that they were in a whole new game. They had a much better mindset on Monday than they did on Sunday.

One never knows.

Again though, I'll emphasize there is a big difference between asking Peitzmeier to get 3 vs 9 outs. In your scenario, sure he could have entered in the 9th and struggled, but the fewer innings I'm asking my reliever to go, the better I like the chances. Plus, just getting Eshelman out of the game provides a huge psychological boost; they had nothing for him.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with what you say. However, the Vandy coach used the rain delay to convince his players that they were in a whole new game. They had a much better mindset on Monday than they did on Sunday.

No doubt, it was very beneficial for Vandy. And in many respects, it is a different game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back