• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Current analytical projection

I know. But it just seems crazy, in my little world of thinking, that a 12-6 (hypothetically) Big Ten team wouldn't make the tournament. Or even 11-7, or even 10-8. I remember the days when you would dominate the non-con part of your schedule, finish .500 or better in the Big Ten, and you would be one of the 7 or 8 Big Ten teams in the dance. The good ole' days. I don't know if those days are over for good, but they sure aren't here now.
The big 10 has never been this bad. Luck of the draw.

The big 10 has never been this bad. Luck of the draw.

Indeed.

There's a tremendous dropoff between Ohio State, Purdue, Michigan State -- and the rest of the pack. Beyond that, there's no other tournament locks in the conference.

And normally, you'd see teams with W-L records like OSU, Purdue, and MSU and think ... all are either one or two seeds. And projections simply don't suggest that will be the case.

Nebraska, Maryland, and Penn State all have good shots at 20+ wins. Yet, if the season ended today, not a one of them would make the tournament.

This season, the selection committee is putting heavy emphasis on the new formula of ranking quality wins by tiers. And that's where NU is lacking.

Indeed.

There's a tremendous dropoff between Ohio State, Purdue, Michigan State -- and the rest of the pack. Beyond that, there's no other tournament locks in the conference.

And normally, you'd see teams with W-L records like OSU, Purdue, and MSU and think ... all are either one or two seeds. And projections simply don't suggest that will be the case.

Nebraska, Maryland, and Penn State all have good shots at 20+ wins. Yet, if the season ended today, not a one of them would make the tournament.

This season, the selection committee is putting heavy emphasis on the new formula of ranking quality wins by tiers. And that's where NU is lacking.
It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I don't pay too close of attention to conferences outside the Big East and Big 10 so I really don't have a feel for who the bubble teams are in the Big 12 or SEC etc.

Obviously all these bracket predictions are based on "today". But...obviously....that is not what it will be based on. NU will win these final 3 games IMO and at that point it's going to make all the debate moot. IF...somehow they blew a couple games it could get really scary.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I don't pay too close of attention to conferences outside the Big East and Big 10 so I really don't have a feel for who the bubble teams are in the Big 12 or SEC etc.

Obviously all these bracket predictions are based on "today". But...obviously....that is not what it will be based on. NU will win these final 3 games IMO and at that point it's going to make all the debate moot. IF...somehow they blew a couple games it could get really scary.

The SEC bubble teams are getting too much run in my opinion. Big 12 is the best conference in my opinion. Solid league top-to-bottom.

As far as the Big 10, the bottom of the league is as bad as I can remember. Sparty and and Purdue are really good and I got a feeling Sparty has the ability to turn it up to 11. Ohio State plays good team ball and has a really good player, but I don’t think they are that good. Michigan could give some tourney teams problems, but they will be lucky to advance past the first game. The way Nebraska is playing, I’d say they are pretty good.

Joe lunadri is an idiot. That is all.:Catfight::Banghead: listening to him talk about how poor the Big 10 is this year is annoying. He was talking on the msu vs Minnesota game saying the Big 10 has 15 teams in it. That was his 1st sentence in the interview.

Joe lunadri is an idiot. That is all.:Catfight::Banghead: listening to him talk about how poor the Big 10 is this year is annoying. He was talking on the msu vs Minnesota game saying the Big 10 has 15 teams in it. That was his 1st sentence in the interview.

Yeah, it’s not THAT poor. There are still 4, maybe 5 tourney teams in it. I bet the Big 10’s tourney record this year won’t be as bad as everyone thinks.

Yeah, it’s not THAT poor. There are still 4, maybe 5 tourney teams in it. I bet the Big 10’s tourney record this year won’t be as bad as everyone thinks.
The big 10 probably will do fine in the dance. As you pointed out...it is the bottom of the conference that sucks badly....and this year the bottom is larger.

3 sweet 16 teams wouldn't be a shock. Even 4 could happen if thimgs break right. That won't change the fact that the big 10 is weak overall.

PSU is the one team left that kind of worries me as they've been playing pretty tough lately.

Agree. But they all worry me because there is so much on the line.
Our only road game left is the Illini game, should be any easy win.... As far as the PSU game, if we were on the road for that game, I'd be worried, playing these guys at home, last game of the regular season, our guys are going to be pumped, and I think we win out for 23 regular season wins, and get the 2nd most regular season wins in school history.... I am truly digging this.....

Our only road game left is the Illini game, should be any easy win.... As far as the PSU game, if we were on the road for that game, I'd be worried, playing these guys at home, last game of the regular season, our guys are going to be pumped, and I think we win out for 23 regular season wins, and get the 2nd most regular season wins in school history.... I am truly digging this.....
We get 5 days off before Illinois, only 2 days off for Indiana and then 5 days off for PSU. We barely beat Illinois at home...they suck but 'it' happens...although it was after that game where we really seemed to turn it on.

We get 5 days off before Illinois, only 2 days off for Indiana and then 5 days off for PSU. We barely beat Illinois at home...they suck but 'it' happens...although it was after that game where we really seemed to turn it on.
This team has literally grown up before our eyes. They have gelled, they have become a team..... It's exciting. I do expect a knock down, drag out, game against the Penn, but I wont be surprised if we win by double digits..... PBA will be rocking in the second half.

Big win last night...moved us "in" in this analytical site. Would be one of the "Last Four In".

upload_2018-2-14_8-12-40.png

upload_2018-2-14_8-13-38.png

upload_2018-2-14_8-15-16.png

Last edited:

Illinois down at the bottom isn't as bad as it's record. They were the best 0-8 in big 10 Conference play ever (Izzo). However, when the made it to 1-9 they were just a middle of the pack 1-9 team. (my buddy).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back