• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread 2012-2013

Hell of a year. A bit of a roller coaster. I've watched enough college basketball to have seen teams start out great and then have the train go off the tracks like they did in Feb...they almost never get it back on track...the fact that CU got back to where they were playing as good at the end as they were at the beginning...that's one hell of a coaching job and a helluva a job by the players to ignore the negativity (and yes, I piled on at times!). Probably the most fun I've had in a basketball season. CU is almost always a team that's easy to like (altman had a few characters at the end that weren't real likable).

Gibbs. He's an old man at 23. Bad knees and all. A lot of times the "straw that stirred the drink". Gamer. Gonna miss him but CU can upgrade at that spot for sure.

Josh Jones. Too bad his career ended the way it did.

Doug. I really don't know what he will do. As I said in the other thread...I'm not sure coming back does anything for him. Scouts know what he can and can't do. We all know he can't play above the rim, that his defenses is suspect and that he's not going to be a post up player in the NBA. What would change with another year? Greg M would be nuts to do anything with him offensively different from what he HAS been doing. So how much better does his face up game get at CU as opposed to working against NBA players every day? He's not going to all of a sudden develop a 40" vertical. That said maybe he loves college. Maybe he wants one more year of basketball not being a job. Maybe he wants to help CU and his dad make the transition. But do it at the risk of next year's draft being much better than this year's? If I'm him I think I go now. If he does go it's been a blast watching the guy. He does things the right way. If a guy like P'Allen Stinnett had Doug's work ethic, basketball IQ and brains in general he'd be an NBA stud as we speak. It's amazing how many great athletes are out there washing dishes instead of cashing Pro checks.

Going forward. Need to recruit some athletic, play making wings. Recruits coming in are pretty good. Need to enhance that. Having the Big East as a draw will help. CU has missed on several lately where they were in the final 3 or 4 but the guy ended up going to a "power conference".

Great year. No shame in losing to Duke.

No, no shame in losing to Duke, but I must say I'm feeling down right now. That was the Sweet 16 team I've been waiting for for 15 years.I really thought they'd make it there this year.

I hope Doug returns, but sure would not blame him if he goes to the NBA. He will have a good solid career there maybe like Korver has. The move to the Big East will be difficult at first, but in the long run CU will be glad they made the move.

Go Jays!

No, no shame in losing to Duke, but I must say I'm feeling down right now. That was the Sweet 16 team I've been waiting for for 15 years.I really thought they'd make it there this year.

At 17-1 I thought so. By the time they blew their chance at a favorable seed (although a 5 seed isn't so favorable anymore!) I was skeptical. The only thing worse than the 7/10 slot this year is the 8/9 last year. To beat Duke you have to do everything right. Fact is CU did everything right. Got their bigs in foul trouble. Played good defense. Rebounded ok. They just didn't do what they do best...shoot. Duke was there for the taking. That sucks. But when you live by the jump shot...

Glad he came back... Will be a little more competitive next year... Hope they get over. 500.....be fun to watch him play a little better conference competition.... I am assuming since they are no longer considered a mid major their non conference schedule should get beefed up a bit too?

Either choice would have been a good choice. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in the new Big East. Never know, if he can average close to over more than 20 points a game in the new conference, he may have increased his draft value. If he was a marginal late first round pick this year, I don't see how playing one more season in college against better competition will hurt him that much in the NBA's eyes.

Glad he came back... Will be a little more competitive next year... Hope they get over. 500.....be fun to watch him play a little better conference competition.... I am assuming since they are no longer considered a mid major their non conference schedule should get beefed up a bit too?

I'm guessing they pretty much had the bulk of their non-conf set before the move to the new Big East, mostly out of exsisting contracts. I've neen NU, Cal, Tulsa, LBSU, St. Joe's, and something called the DirecTV Classic in California. I'm sure you can throw in there a couple of RPI 300+ money games, and maybe one more against a team from a respectable conference.

Glad to see him come back. Better competition will help him in the draft. Saw he was ranked 48 in this years class. Really thought he would be top 15-20 range.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back