• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Fans Should Like This Hire

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
A rising tide lifts all boats.

No doubt Hoiberg will succeed at levels unseen previously at Nebraska. This in turn should put pressure on Creighton to recruit, and compete, at higher levels, and if that can't be done, it may be time to look closely at continuing with McDermott as coach.

Anyway, this is a phenomenal hire, home run in every way, congrats to Moos and the athletic department for getting this done!

Screw Creighton.
good insight.

Keep in mind its Creightons whipping Nebraska's ass the majority of the last 20 years that has, in part, kept pressure on Nebraska to raise their game. Oh, and the biggest win last year for Nebraska was??? Nebraska fans don't need a pathetic D-I program as an in-state rival. Again, a rising tide raises all boats. Look no farther then the Iowa- ISU rival over the last 40 years...

good insight.

Keep in mind its Creightons whipping Nebraska's ass the majority of the last 20 years that has, in part, kept pressure on Nebraska to raise their game. Oh, and the biggest win last year for Nebraska was??? Nebraska fans don't need a pathetic D-I program as an in-state rival. Again, a rising tide raises all boats. Look no farther then the Iowa- ISU rival over the last 40 years...
Creighton can fall off of the face of the planet for all I care. Their fans are arrogant elitists (yes, stereotyping/generalizing, but it applies to most). Their school is way overpriced, especially their grad programs.

So no, I don't want them to be good. I would prefer they fall to the bottom of DIII and never come back up.

good insight.

Don't bother. You aren't dealing with a very deep thinker there.

Last edited:
As for applying pressure to Creighton.

Eh. Not really. Never really has the other way around either IMO. It's a nice rivalry but at the end of the day it's just a non-con game played in December. If CU pounds NU in Dec. and misses the dance in March nobody really gives a crap. NU curb stomping the jays felt great for NU fans....until less than a couple months later when they realize it's time to fire the coach.

Mac has enough to worry about in keeping up with the rest of the big east. Hoiberg is the same as it relates to the big 10. I can say without any hesitation that fans of both teams would gladly trade one conference title in exchange for a 10 year losing streak in this rivalry.

Creighton can fall off of the face of the planet for all I care. Their fans are arrogant elitists (yes, stereotyping/generalizing, but it applies to most). Their school is way overpriced, especially their grad programs.

So no, I don't want them to be good. I would prefer they fall to the bottom of DIII and never come back up.

Yikes! There is some bitter hatred.:Biggrin:

I support both teams. My alma mater is Creighton, but my son graduated from Nebraska and I have been a Husker fan since I was a little girl, although primarily football. I support Creighton in all games played, other than Nebraska. I have to admit, I was happy to see the Huskers win this year. I even went to both of the NIT games on Sunday (Huskers) and then Tuesday (Jays) in Fort Worth this year versus TCU. Neither team looked very good against TCU.

I can share a personal example of Creighton fans being horrible. My fiance' and I went to a movie at Aksarben cinema about 2 years ago. It was very cold out and her only winter coat then was a husker coat. We showed up, paid for our tickets and then went back to the bar to get drinks and head into out theater. My fiance' was accosted by an older lady because of her Husker coat and because they had a theater reserved for their game at the time (don't remember which one that was). My fiance' just said, we're here to watch a movie and the old lady laughed and said something about how bad Nebraska sucked and how Creighton owned 'us'. Again, we were just there to see a movie. If you live in Omaha, Creighton fans can be incredibly elitist and I just don't get it. I've talked with many and they think that the private education gives them a right to be disrespectful to those of us who attended UNL. I'm getting my PhD there but that doesn't seem to matter because Creighton is so superior... In my discipline, no way at all!

I can share a personal example of Creighton fans being horrible. My fiance' and I went to a movie at Aksarben cinema about 2 years ago. It was very cold out and her only winter coat then was a husker coat. We showed up, paid for our tickets and then went back to the bar to get drinks and head into out theater. My fiance' was accosted by an older lady because of her Husker coat and because they had a theater reserved for their game at the time (don't remember which one that was). My fiance' just said, we're here to watch a movie and the old lady laughed and said something about how bad Nebraska sucked and how Creighton owned 'us'. Again, we were just there to see a movie. If you live in Omaha, Creighton fans can be incredibly elitist and I just don't get it. I've talked with many and they think that the private education gives them a right to be disrespectful to those of us who attended UNL. I'm getting my PhD there but that doesn't seem to matter because Creighton is so superior... In my discipline, no way at all!

I was always a krayton, UNO & NU fan but, that all changed through the years starting with this;

I was @ the old Civic Auditorium for a HUSKER volleyball game. A couple walked up and asked who krayton was playing. I told him it was HUSKER volleyball and he said, " EF the HUSKERS!," and they turned & walked out. That was my 1st encounter with a krayton fan but not the last. I find most are HUSKER haters and couldn't figure out why, then one day I realized that most krayton students aren't from Omaha or even Nebraska, they come from all over the country. Their allegiances are somewhere else. Anymore, to me krayton is just a school that happens to be located in Omaha, and now I root against them in all sports, unless they play Texass, then it's a toss-up.

Last edited:

Nebraska fans can be crappy too. I've was scolded by older fans when I was a kid for not being explicitly polite to an opponent's fans (my transgression was really silly). I have scolded Nebraska fans for being rude to others as well. Never know, sometimes people are just having a bad day. Bad Creighton fans don't hold a candle to bad Colorado or Kansas State fans as far as I'm concerned.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back