• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton coach McDermott apologized

I don’t like Creighton or McDermott. The team sucks. But why aren’t his players speaking out in his defense? That is kind of telling. They will crap out in the Big East tourney and he can get back to golfing in AZ.

I don’t like Creighton or McDermott. The team sucks. But why aren’t his players speaking out in his defense? That is kind of telling. They will crap out in the Big East tourney and he can get back to golfing in AZ.

You sure about that?

Maybe they feel it's best to just let the story die. Pretty sure just about everyone knew it would do so in short time.

This is not the last "chapter" on coach gmcd! Creepyton wants him to keep coaching until after BE and NCAA Tourns. When C is not in the Final 4, then, we may hear a "revised version" of gmcd's future at C. The SJ's renamed buildings, tore down statues at Gtown U already. I don't think taking a seminar really results in all of the "boxes being checked" for gmcd.

This is not the last "chapter" on coach gmcd! Creepyton wants him to keep coaching until after BE and NCAA Tourns. When C is not in the Final 4, then, we may hear a "revised version" of gmcd's future at C. The SJ's renamed buildings, tore down statues at Gtown U already. I don't think taking a seminar really results in all of the "boxes being checked" for gmcd.

"Why are we using quotes so much"?

Well, I hope we have heard the end of this. I am sick of the liberals and their cancel culture. They go after anyone and anything and it is totally out of control. McDermott doesn't deserve to lose his job over what he said in a moment when he was trying to pull all his players together. I hate to tell the left, but there are still Banana Plantations and Pineapple Plantations in existence. Maybe they should set their sights on them next.

“I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can’t have anybody leave the plantation,”

farm, ranch, program, same page... so many far superior word choices - who even says/thinks plantation in most any contextual conversation nowadays?

not piling on, it's just such a bizarre choice of words - it's just like what? :O O:

Then I guess we need a list of every saying, analogy, metaphor, simile,and slang word that is acceptable in today's society. Because at this point, I have no idea.
Yeah who could have ever predicted that this plantation analogy wasn’t a good choice for an old white guy supervising a bunch of young black men?

Seriously though he shouldn’t lose his job and he won’t, but he also should have known better (and he did, he just made a mistake...it’s okay).

Last edited:

Yeah who could have ever predicted that this plantation analogy wasn’t a good choice for an old white guy supervising a bunch of young black men?

Seriously though he shouldn’t lose his job and he won’t, but he also should have known better (and he did, he just made a mistake...it’s okay).

You're right, people shouldn't lose their job for misspeaking.

farm, ranch, program, same page... so many far superior word choices - who even says/thinks plantation in most any contextual conversation nowadays?

not piling on, it's just such a bizarre choice of words - it's just like what? :O O:

Really bizarre choice of words. My experience is that the only people I ever hear use that word anymore are activists. I suspect he was reading/listing to someone who used the word in another context and it, unfortunately, popped up here.

Was good to see some players/former players stick their necks out to support him. I think the PG saying what he did may have turned the tide for the Administration.

He obviously just misspoke, and like Goodnterribles said, people shouldn't use their job for that

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back