• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Could there be a worse time to have KW as commish?

I've said for several years that I'd love to see a guy like Rob Zatechka be the B1G commissioner someday. He's a good blend of the right kind of academia and the right kind of football/athletics.

All these threads about re-alignment start at the wrong end. Which schools won't have football programs. I think we could see a number of programs go away due to a number of reasons. The Alignment will be more from the elimination of schools from programs or the downshifting possibly of some programs as schools reprioritize.

I can't believe how many kids I have talked to in the past year that say they aren't interested in going back to college, aren't considering college, or are just going the community college route. I've got a number of friend that are devastated their kids are shying away from heading to Big U. The college loan crisis has turned off a good portion of the incoming generation.

IMO this will effect re-alignment and saying that I don't think SEC or B1G are going to see any schools move between them. PAC/Big12/ACC are more likely to see loss of football programs.
Another reason is that a college degree is less and less attractive these days. Comparing cost of said degree with salaries on the outside...it just isn't making sense for many kids. Not all, but many.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back