• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Consensus 4* OT Preston Taumua Has Committed To Nebraska

0*RPUxnwFT08KLyCzH.

That analysis was a bit rough, but appreciate Wilson's effort with the video. Run and pass game are two different stories. On run plays, when Preston fires off the ball, he is the prototypical Husker brawler. Lots to like. Don Raiola and HCMR will love this kid and his motor. He's got to work on keeping his hands inside. Should have been called for holding on multiple (very obvious) plays.

Pass pro is going to require some work. Instances where he's got too much bend in the waist. Other times, he's too flat-footed and tends to get driven back by the defender in front of him. Tends to stop his feet on occasion, allowing defenders to get around him. Could also work on his "set and punch," which is another reason why he struggled at times stopping the advancement of the defender opposite him. Good news is that he has the ability to clean a lot of this up...and quickly.

I'll also say he was hurt most of the year, so I truly wonder what type of condition he was in during these practices/games. It's even more impressive that he not only played, but played pretty well considering his circumstances this year.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back