• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite sure that from an ESPN perspective there are more televisions around DC than there are in the entire state of Nebraska. (by the way there aren't enough cars in the entire state of Nebraska to make a good traffic jam on the I405 either :))
So there is absolutly no reason for them to rank NU higher than they are until NU grabs a name or two that will turn a head or two nationally.
Their ranking of NU at this point simply reflects that NU hasn't done anything for them. Armchair made a very good point about NU signing the kids that NU thinks is best for them and this is way more important anyway. Nu getting Foster and close to getting Freedom mean or should mean more to NU fans than it should mean to ESPN recruiting anyhow.
I love following this board but I am always amazed about how over the top people get when we get a recruit and how down some get when we don't. I tend to step farther back where you can see more and it's pretty obviuos that Pellini and co are stepping up the recruiting by looking result sover the last 2.5 cycles. I think its better to use the magnafier after signing day on the kids that show up in the fall,... the ones that signed on the previous signing day. Really to me, this is what counts in the end.

I am quite sure that from an ESPN perspective there are more televisions around DC than there are in the entire state of Nebraska. (by the way there aren't enough cars in the entire state of Nebraska to make a good traffic jam on the I405 either :))
So there is absolutly no reason for them to rank NU higher than they are until NU grabs a name or two that will turn a head or two nationally.
Their ranking of NU at this point simply reflects that NU hasn't done anything for them. Armchair made a very good point about NU signing the kids that NU thinks is best for them and this is way more important anyway. Nu getting Foster and close to getting Freedom mean or should mean more to NU fans than it should mean to ESPN recruiting anyhow.
I love following this board but I am always amazed about how over the top people get when we get a recruit and how down some get when we don't. I tend to step farther back where you can see more and it's pretty obviuos that Pellini and co are stepping up the recruiting by looking result sover the last 2.5 cycles. I think its better to use the magnafier after signing day on the kids that show up in the fall,... the ones that signed on the previous signing day. Really to me, this is what counts in the end.

+1

hey good post....but the ranking at this pt isn't how a service decides to rate them....it's simply numbers....the more recuits multiplied by the stars of each recruit give the school a final rating, which means not a lot in june.....good job....& yeah Bo isn't gonna win against the Bo haters, it's just the way it is......but who really cares...

Last edited:
At least the sky isn't falling..... The amount of threads where people are doing at this very moment recruiting comparisons is astounding to me. Recruiting class ranking are akin to pre-season team rankings, which are kinda fun, yet somehow it seems that people are able to see those rankings are ridiculous and flawed, but unable to apply that logic to recruiting rankings... (which if I had to guess recruitment rankings are much less accurate than pre-season polls).

You hit that on the head. I am just guessing but would say over the past few years we have never ranked very high in the recruiting polls this time of year. We tend to get momentum as we go and in the end I am confident we will be in the top 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back