• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just looking at the ESPN Top 30 recruiting classes for 2014 and didn't see NU on the list. Shouldn't the coup they pulled off last weekend catapult them up this list? I mean, Virginia is on there with only 7 recruits. Can any of the recruiting experts explain this phenomenon?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ting/classrankings/_/class/2014/date/20130617

P.S. I'm not an ESPN Insider - this list is available to anyone.

why would it?
Why does it matter?

Probably in the 30-40 range on ESPN...

Kentucky is also ranked 11th on there but 1st on another site....

Virginia is the only one in the top 30 with fewer commits than us...

Last edited:

We are 34th on Rivals, one spot behind Western Michigan....

Dead frogs falling from the sky as we speak... :)

At least the sky isn't falling..... The amount of threads where people are doing at this very moment recruiting comparisons is astounding to me. Recruiting class ranking are akin to pre-season team rankings, which are kinda fun, yet somehow it seems that people are able to see those rankings are ridiculous and flawed, but unable to apply that logic to recruiting rankings... (which if I had to guess recruitment rankings are much less accurate than pre-season polls).

Big "D"zasker;1415117 said:
I was just looking at the ESPN Top 30 recruiting classes for 2014 and didn't see NU on the list. Shouldn't the coup they pulled off last weekend catapult them up this list? I mean, Virginia is on there with only 7 recruits. Can any of the recruiting experts explain this phenomenon?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ting/classrankings/_/class/2014/date/20130617

P.S. I'm not an ESPN Insider - this list is available to anyone.

I'm not a recruiting expert and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately but my guess would be simply a difference of opinion.

Ummm, because they picked up some good players.

This is the recruiting board, right? Or are you just happy to find an opportunity to return some snarkyness?

It's June and February is a long ways away. I don't think anything is more meaningless at this point than ESPN's recruiting rankings. Which 4-5* recruits on ESPN did we get commitments from that would realistically bump our ranking up from 60+ to under 30?

We had ground to make up, we made the ground up, we got some great prospects that will fill some gaps...but to seem like a playa on ESPN, you better be getting commits that move the needle on their radar. Foster is the only one they think highly of.

No four star players yet. You have to get those players to significantly boost your rankings. Four or five of those would move the Huskers into the top 25.

This seems to be an annual occurrence....

If folks took the time to actually read this forum most of their questions would be answered....its easier to do it this way...I guess....

At least the sky isn't falling..... The amount of threads where people are doing at this very moment recruiting comparisons is astounding to me. Recruiting class ranking are akin to pre-season team rankings, which are kinda fun, yet somehow it seems that people are able to see those rankings are ridiculous and flawed, but unable to apply that logic to recruiting rankings... (which if I had to guess recruitment rankings are much less accurate than pre-season polls).

ESPN is hands down the worst recruiting service of the four...and very few folks will argue that....my good friend N2FL would switch Scout with them....but for the most part we agree....

With that being said its 15 June....and we are in great shape....we have our class QB and two TOP+Notch OL and when Newell comes onboard oen of the top DTs in the country....

Patience....

It's June and February is a long ways away. I don't think anything is more meaningless at this point than ESPN's recruiting rankings. Which 4-5* recruits on ESPN did we get commitments from that would realistically bump our ranking up from 60+ to under 30?

We had ground to make up, we made the ground up, we got some great prospects that will fill some gaps...but to seem like a playa on ESPN, you better be getting commits that move the needle on their radar. Foster is the only one they think highly of.

My advice is take the time to read this forum....you will find most of your questions will be answered....as I said above threads like this seem to be an annual occurrence because folks don't understand what's going on....

Your more than welcome to make a thread like this....but take sometime and read the forum....lots of good info and many questions are answered...

Recruiting is not for the feint of heart...its a long haul and you have to be patient....much of last years class came together late...and its acknowledged as perhaps the best of the Pelini era....

And as far as ranking ask Mac Brown what he thinks of all those Top 5 classes he got....

Ummm, because they picked up some good players.

This is the recruiting board, right? Or are you just happy to find an opportunity to return some snarkyness?

Kinda like life it will all work itself out by the end........always does....& this year we probably won't be in the top 20 anyway, hopefully, but probably not cos the ratings game is a numbers game.......simplified, the stars of each player are multiplied by the number of recruits, so the teams that get 28 recruits are gonna be a lot higher rated than the teams that get 20 recruits & we're only gonna have about 20 this yr....

I agree, it's early. To clarify, this thread isn't about panicking; I just figured they would move up higher than they did. Ultimately, all I care about is what they do after hitting campus, regardless of star rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back