• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Confirmed: , B1G. Going To A 10 Game Conference Schedule in 2020;

Vegas already setting win/loss projections. Nebraska expected to get 3.5 wins:

How?! Nobody even knows who they are playing! And why would anyone be stupid enough to place a season-long bet on a season that might happen, might not happen, or might happen partially. This has got to be the craziest betting line in the history of sports.

Last edited:

How?! Nobody even knows who they are playing! And why would anyone be stupid enough to place a season-long bet on a season that might happen, might not happen, or might happen partially. This has got to be the craziest betting line in the history of sports.

Yeah that would be like tossing dice in a toilet bowl ;)

B1G only sounds great... honestly trying to remain optimistic CFB happens at all this fall. (fingers crossed)

According to some interviews on ESPN radio this morning, it sounds like the B1G wants to put all of the division games at the beginning of the season, and leave some flexibility for rescheduling of games later in the season.

Not a good sign- I'm guessing Stanford has a MASSIVE endowment, think of the places that don't...

Yes, they have a 27.7 billion endowment. Word is that they were considering cutting some of these sports anyway and this just expanded it and pushed it forward. Very few schools even offered most of these sports.

After years and years of lurking, I am finally posting on HM. Was planning on renewing, if they don’t play I may go back to lurking. With no games, I can just read RR posts and stay up to date.

........ Not really now that I am on HM I will stay.

Last edited:
So does anyone know how this will affect bowl games? (Assuming of course bowl games happen). Clearly it’s easy to assume bowls won’t happen, but no telling what this looks like come December. However, if you just have 10 games to get to 6, that gets the Big Ten’s number of teams that will be bowl eligible.

So does anyone know how this will affect bowl games? (Assuming of course bowl games happen). Clearly it’s easy to assume bowls won’t happen, but no telling what this looks like come December. However, if you just have 10 games to get to 6, that gets the Big Ten’s number of teams that will be bowl eligible.

I'd be shocked if there was any postseason.

I think it's still no more than a coin flip there will be any season. As the Big Ten commissioner said yesterday, he just wanted to get a plan in place, but acknowledged there may not be any college football at all.

Likely no bowl games, especially mid-tier and lowe tier bowls. If all bowl games were played, the requirement for eligibility would be dropped to five wins or maybe even 4 wins. Otherwise they could not fill the roughly 80 slots for bowl games.

Eliminating nonconference games where most B1G teams go 3-0 or 2-1 makes reaching .500 that much harder for teams.

I am a bit of a Twitter junkie, and I have seen quite a few NCAA football players all saying they won't suit up and take the risk. I think some feel that it is a wasted season and they want to maintain their eligibility for another year.

There isn't even going to be a season, much less bowl games. But...even if we get lucky and get some games...the bowls ain't happening.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back