• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Composite 4* WR Jacory Barney Jr Commits To Nebraska Update: Will Enroll.In January

I started seeing Coleman pulling away from CB's towards the end of the year but then moved right back into coverage of the safeties. I think with a little training and a QB that knows how to lead him he is going to be great. If Jacory can force the safeties to respect the middle I see great things for both of them.
These are exactly the nuances of playing receiver that people don't think about. Folks think these guys just "run routes" but there is so much more to the position that must be learned .. especially with raw guys like Chi. Knowing when to settle the route into the zone, get off, hand fighting, making your break at the feet of the defender as opposed to doing it two yards in front, viewing and utilizing film study to identify your oppositions weaknesses, etc., are all learned aspects of the position.

Every kid is different. Every kid picks things up a different speeds. But if there is a position where a freshman can make a difference, it is often WR if the kid was schooled the right way up through high school.

I started seeing Coleman pulling away from CB's towards the end of the year but then moved right back into coverage of the safeties. I think with a little training and a QB that knows how to lead him he is going to be great. If Jacory can force the safeties to respect the middle I see great things for both of them.
Recognition timing and ball placement. Chi gets helped by a qb who can do that. That makes the entire field better for us when this happens.
If our qbs had that, opposing Ds have to tighten up on Chi, leaving other gaps open, if run and designed properly.
Similar to CPs int, the routes run underneath were too deep, crowding that space. We saw something similar awhile back where the underneath osu guy broke his coverage off and intercepted us.
Its why they always say too many receivers in an area, all it takes is having a D backfield looking back at the qb.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back