• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado student section removed

I was in Colorado for the game in 1966(?) when rocks in snowballs were thrown at the band and some fans. That year all the NU fans were put in the horseshoe and there were quite a few of us. The "fun" thing for opposing fans back then was to steal NU fan's red Stetsons. I recall one brave CU student ran into the NU section and grabbed some guy's hat and immediately started hoofing towards the CU student section. The NU guy chased him down the steps, leaped off the wall at the bottom, and tackled the CU jerk in mid-air. By this time the hat was the least of the issue. The NU fan picked the CU fan up by the neck and the seat of his pants and proceeded to carry the hapless fan to the student section whereupon the NU fan heaved the CU fan into the third or fourth row. The Husker side erupted into thunderous applause. It was probably one of my best memories of following the team in those early years.
Today the NU fan would be charged with assault and battery, accused of being a vigilante and sued for damages.

The good old days of settling battles oneself.

I was in Colorado for the game in 1966(?) when rocks in snowballs were thrown at the band and some fans. That year all the NU fans were put in the horseshoe and there were quite a few of us. The "fun" thing for opposing fans back then was to steal NU fan's red Stetsons. I recall one brave CU student ran into the NU section and grabbed some guy's hat and immediately started hoofing towards the CU student section. The NU guy chased him down the steps, leaped off the wall at the bottom, and tackled the CU jerk in mid-air. By this time the hat was the least of the issue. The NU fan picked the CU fan up by the neck and the seat of his pants and proceeded to carry the hapless fan to the student section whereupon the NU fan heaved the CU fan into the third or fourth row. The Husker side erupted into thunderous applause. It was probably one of my best memories of following the team in those early years.
Oh, man, wish I could have seen that!! I have no respect for those clowns!:Catfight::Dighole::Dighole::Dighole:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back