• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado....being Colorado

RMR

Walk On Hero
20 Year Member
So I'm in the drive through at Sonic. Getting a #4 combo mind you. I flip on the radio and the Denver station has the CU spring game. I'm only listening for 1-2 minutes - but of course I have to capture their discussion of Nebraska. How they have no new rival in the PAC 12. Mostly because they can't beat anyone. And announcer says "But no matter what path or vector Scott Frost's career takes, his first game will always be a home loss to CU". Girlish chuckles follow.

Next fall's game needs to be more than a beat down. It needs to be Globetrotters/Washington Generals-ish. I want the crowd back out in the parking lot at halftime sitting in the mystery machine smoking away the pain and putting CBD oil on their 5th point of contact. That is all.

Last edited:

I'm only listening for 1-2 minutes
One or two … about the same number of fans who attended the CU spring game.

When they even bring up NU during their own spring game, you know they still suffer from an ongoing, OCD-like fixation with Nebraska. The limited success CU had against NU long ago in a different football world is all Buff fans have to cling to, and they're not about to let it go, even in irrelevant situations. CU, abysmal since joining the P12, has been one of college football's worst teams since the mid-2000s, even while still in B12. With just one winning season since then, three wins or fewer five times, and a serious flirtation with a winless season, CU has been pre-Bill Snyder K-State-esque for quite some time.

But have all those years of futility reined in their smugness one iota? Of course not. They still talk just as much obnoxious, hypocritical, pathetically self-superior smack as ever. But at least we're a source of therapy for them. NU seems to be a distraction from reality for Buff fans, enabling them to forever relive and gloat about brief moments of past glory while not having to think about how bad their team has been for so long.

Last edited:

One or two … about the same number of fans who attended the CU spring game.

When they even bring up NU during their own spring game, you know they still suffer from an ongoing, OCD-like fixation with Nebraska. The limited success CU had against NU long ago in a different football world is all Buff fans have to cling to, and they're not about to let it go, even in irrelevant situations. CU, abysmal since joining the P12, has been one of college football's worst teams since the mid-2000s, even while still in B12. With just one winning season since then, three wins or fewer five times, and a serious flirtation with a winless season, CU has been pre-Bill Snyder K-State-esque for quite some time.

But have all those years of futility reined in their smugness one iota? Of course not. They still talk just as much obnoxious, hypocritical, pathetically self-superior smack as ever. But at least we're a source of therapy for them. NU seems to be a distraction from reality for Buff fans, enabling them to forever relive and gloat about brief moments of past glory while not having to think about how bad their team has been for so long.
There is no team on the planet I want to beat as bad as I want us to beat Colorado.If they never win another game it’s to soon for me.GBR.

So I'm in the drive through at Sonic. Getting a #4 combo mind you. I flip on the radio and the Denver station has the CU spring game. I'm only listening for 1-2 minutes - but of course I have to capture their discussion of Nebraska. How they have no new rival in the PAC 12. Mostly because they can't beat anyone. And announcer says "But no matter what path or vector Scott Frost's career takes, his first game will always be a home loss to CU". Girlish chuckles follow.

Next fall's game needs to be more than a beat down. It needs to be Globetrotters/Washington Generals-ish. I want the crowd back out in the parking lot at halftime sitting in the mystery machine smoking away the pain and putting CBD oil on their 5th point of contact. That is all.
Couldn't have said it better. I will be there and I hope there is only red in that stadium after halftime.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back