• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked College Football Overtime - Mandel

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcbsas

All Big 10
20 Year Member
I sure wish this could have waited a couple of more weeks but ....

Big Ten
• Preseason favorite: Michigan, Michigan State or Wisconsin
• Current favorite: ????. The Big Ten's highest-ranked team, 4-0 Ohio State, is ineligible to win the conference. Its other expected contenders all have dysfunctional offenses. Consider this: Nine of the league's 12 teams are ranked 52nd or lower in total offense. At this point I'm inclined to favor Nebraska, the rare team with a productive quarterback in Taylor Martinez. The Huskers' defense got shredded at UCLA, but they won't face another offense of that caliber for the rest of the year.
• Dark horse: Northwestern. The 4-0 Wildcats defeated three admittedly lightweight BCS-conference foes (Syracuse, Vanderbilt and Boston College) and don't face the three best teams from the Leaders Division: Ohio State, Wisconsin and Purdue. Pat Fitzgerald's team could conceivably sneak its way to Indianapolis.

Current BCS forecast
Each week, I'll update my projected BCS lineup (as necessary) based on the latest week's games. Here's my current edition:

Title game: Alabama vs. Oregon
Rose: USC vs. Nebraska
Fiesta: Kansas State vs. Notre Dame
Sugar: Georgia vs. Texas
Orange: Florida State vs. Louisville

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ndel/09/23/conference-breakdown-week-4/1.html

Several of the bowl predictions have us playing USC in the Rose Bowl....I would love that....short trip for us...:)

Get caught looking ahead: Lose at home to a team you should have beat....

Let's worry our ability to stop the run vs. Wisky.

And yes, I do have a turd in my pocket! :)

Last edited:
Love the guy in the comments section referring to Mandel making a joke out of the BYU vs Boise game..

amusing. boise vs. byu beating he hell out of each other with their defenses is painful. but bama-lsu punt and fg fest was worthy of a national title rematch. #narrative

SEC have better teams sure, but a boring game is a boring game.

I hope the B1G comes out strong during conference play. It doesn't help that 4 of the "Big Guns" play each other. A 4-1 Nebraska squad going into a 5-0 Ohio State game would probably be nice for the conference though.

Interesting that Mandel leaves Stanford out of the BCS bowls. Seems like they currently have a leg up on the rest of the Pac 12. He must be seeing a bit of a collapse by the Cardinal. I don't know about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back